Pittsburgh 8-8

Hey everyone this is my first post here but I wanted to start off right.

Pittsburgh is going to do terrible this season, Little Ben will throw more INT the TD(if he decides to throw some this year).
Hines will hold out and that will hurt them a lot.
They got rid of Burress, so Ben has no go to guy.
I hear from Pitts fans Heath Miller is Buress's replacement [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] .
I can keep going but i'll save some for later....With that all said can everyone give me a big phat WHO DEY!!!! and a big phat PITTSBURGH SUCKS!!!!

Now lets be a little realistic i would love to see it happen with all means! But pissburgh will have at least 10 this year...they still have that defense and they still have a bad ass running game. I believe we can steal the division from them but i dont see them 8-8. They got some playmakers

But WHO-DEY

I am a huge steeler/Ben hater....I don't think they can do it again, Ben will have his struggled this year like Marino did his 2nd year, I am not saying he won't be a great QB but just not this year....This is the year of the Tiger....Besides anything can happen in the NFL....Panthers lost 15 straight then ended up in the super bowl....Hell Cleveland could out play PItts this year. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Well, it's good to see some of you are realistic. Others are on crack, apparently.

Obviously 15-1, or 14-2 is not going to happen again. But neither is 8-8. Burress will not be missed as much as people think.....hell, he was out for a better part of the last part of the year last season. (As was Staley)

I can see us at 10-6 or 11-5. If you guys fix your defense, you'll challenge for the division, and might even win it. If not, you'll finish around .500 again.

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 4 2005, 11:53 PM']And, BTW...........what's up with your first draft pick going back home to Georgia?
[right][post="125005"][/post][/right][/quote]

hes opening up a chain of coffee shops at ug :crazy:

but im bout to open up some whoopass if he dont hurry the fuck back and sign his multi-million dollar contract :angry2:

[quote name='rumble in the jungle' date='Aug 4 2005, 11:55 PM']Southern Steeler i'll have to agree with you on that...but still, go fuck yourself...... :angry2:
[right][post="125006"][/post][/right][/quote]

Man, that was sweet. Thanks. Don't hate us because we're good. We should all join hands and hate the Patriots together.

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 4 2005, 11:43 PM']Well, it's good to see some of you are realistic.  Others are on crack, apparently.

Obviously 15-1, or 14-2 is not going to happen again.  But neither is 8-8.  Burress will not be missed as much as people think.....hell, he was out for a better part of the last part of the year last season.  (As was Staley)

I can see us at 10-6 or 11-5.  If you guys fix your defense, you'll challenge for the division, and might even win it.  If not, you'll finish around .500 again.
[right][post="124999"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Preach it brother

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 5 2005, 08:59 AM']Remove your lips from the glass dick.  We will NEVER have only 2 wins.
[right][post="125130"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Really! Cleveland alone should take care of that!

Guest mongoloido
Man, we need a sub-forum for non-trash chat with rival fans... So what Steelers are distinguishing themselves in camp this year that no one knows much about (at least, no one out side of Pittsburgh)?

[quote name='dieselman44' date='Aug 5 2005, 08:20 AM']southern steeler who is the 3rd rb?
[right][post="125142"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Either Willie Parker (he lit up the Bills in the season finale for 102 yards in the 2nd half) OR Verron Haynes, who has been our 3rd down back for the last couple of years. He is tough as nails and a shifty, quick runner.

While I personally prefer Haynes, if injuries were to hit, I'd bet on Parker getting the bulk of the carries.

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Aug 5 2005, 09:54 AM']Man, we need a sub-forum for non-trash chat with rival fans... So what Steelers are distinguishing themselves in camp this year that no one knows much about (at least, no one out side of Pittsburgh)?
[right][post="125186"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Remember this name............James Harrison, LB.

[quote name='Southern Steeler' date='Aug 5 2005, 05:36 PM']Remember this name............James Harrison, LB.
[right][post="125556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He has a good LB sounding name....if that makes sense

My five most hated teams (in order):

1.) The Broncos. Shanahan is an arrogant asshole, and I never liked that "This one's for John" bullshit.
2.) The Ravens. A number of their fans are nice as pie, but Their players are UMiami crooks and Boller is a travesty of a QB. Nasty City, Nasty Team.
3.) The Patriots. Tom Brady is overrated. Kurt Warner put up HOF numbers on as good of a team, but look at him now. Also, Bellichek is best friends with Bon Jovi.
4.) The Browns. It would be one thing if we could just take our 58 points twice a year and go home, but there are some fans who act like they are SB bound or whatever. I talked with one guy at last year's game and he was a good football fan, so not all people fit the mild.
5.) The Cowboys-Run by a bunch of fuckwads from the top down (go figure-it's in Texas). Also, I never really like Troy or Mike. I have like most of their RBs and Staubach, but not too many others.
Also, Bill Parcells is a bum coach.

6.) The Steelers-The come in 6th not because Cowher is gay, not because Roethlisberger has become a prick, and not even because of those baby-shit colored rags they wave around. To be honest, we play them two times a year and I HAVE to hate them. It's coming to me alot easier now that the QB is acting like an ass, but I respect their old players like Swann.
Bradshaw is a good sucess story, but he can't sing and isn't too smart.

Honorable Mention: 49ers. They used our own system to kick our asses twice.

Other teams I will root for: The Colts, the Packers, The Titans, The Jets.

Call me what you like, but I see the Steelers struggling this year. And for all those who say I am crazy, look at the season before last... There are no certainties in the NFL.

Sub .500... And I really respect the Steelers. I just think they are going to have an off year for many reasons.

Archived