Outside of our QB, who do you think are some people on the team with the most to prove this year?

For me it's got to be Margus Hunt and Marvin Jones.

Hunt because he was a high draft pick who had done absolutely nothing.  He had a strong preseason last year vs. some backups and that's about it.  The coaches talk this guy up, but up to this point he's been a let down.

Jones because we need a #2 receiver.  He's had one good season and been hurt a lot.  If he can consistently get open, it will make this offense a lot better.  He also needs to do well so he can get himself a 2nd contract.

Front Seven on the defense.     Basically bringing back the gang in the front line starters.    Then you have some high round drafts on the D-line that need to show up.

I think Eifert and Jones can produce.   They need to prove they can stay on the field, IMO. 

Andre Smith - contract year and transition plan already taking place.   He's got All-Pro talent.  It'd be great all the way around to have his most dominating season. 

This could be potentially a long list. However, the success of our D really is dependent upon one man, and that is Geno Atkins. If he isnt back to all-pro performance our pass rush is going to be mediocre. 

it wont matter if we have no linebackers again..

if there is no threat and no coverage from the linebackers it doesnt matter how good your linemen are..

if there is no threat and no coverage from the linebackers it doesnt matter how good your linemen are..

Boom Herron  10 catches 85 yards.    Big issue in the playoffs. 

Boom Herron  10 catches 85 yards.    Big issue in the playoffs. 

Admittedly I don't remember too many details about that game...do you think that was more due to the defensive scheme vs. the the LBs ability to cover someone?  

Everyone on last years Roster! There is no bye for our lack of winning in the post season! If they flop this year I would predict the end of the Marvin Lewis Era and then who knows what will remain with new everyone, everywhere, we have a lot of FA players next year and could be looking at a building year to follow! Just saying!

Admittedly I don't remember too many details about that game...do you think that was more due to the defensive scheme vs. the the LBs ability to cover someone?  

I haven't mustered up enough strength to watch the game again.  

I think the coaching needs to step up and exploit the opponents weaknesses.

I feel like we never target the opponents soft spots when we are on offense/defense and take advantage of it until they adjust to it.

I've seen games where the other teams CB is limping and doesnt seem 100% but we never target him. We'll target the WR that has double coverage instead.

For the 13th season in a row, Idaho State University grad Marvin Lewis.

cosign

If Marvin Lewis quit today, would you say he had a successful career as our head coach?  Best in Bengals history?

If Marvin Lewis quit today, would you say he had a successful career as our head coach?  Best in Bengals history?

yes.. changed the culture of the franchise..

no.. zero playoff wins speaks for itself.. good coach though... I'm a Sam guy..I mean besides PB..

No, but because he also has the most losses of any Bengal coach he is also the worse coach.

Tied with Dave Shula et al for playoff wins.

Screw getting to the playoffs.  That's like getting a date with the hottest girl in school and no only

not getting any, but being humiliated in the process of trying.

Marvin is a brown noser poser mired in mediocrity.

BTW, and no disrespect to you, mentioning Marvin Lewis and "best coach in Bengals history"

is a major insult to Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg.

If the D line sucks the linebackers are going to get clobbered by free offensive linemen.  If the secondary sucks the D line won't get pressure because the QB can just checkdown.

It's a team sport and you're only going to be as good as your worst player on the field.  Expecting your best player to carry the other 10 guys is a recipe for losing a lot of games.

Archived