2015 and beyond - TV Talk

Go Skins

I had this problem on Sunday I was on the road back from NYC and used their app on my phone to try to record the Bengals game....nothing.

I never have a problem recording an individual program, even from my phone.  This only happens with my season passes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I think I'm done with Homeland. Haven't watched Sunday's yet, and not sure if I'm going to ...just not into the whole "just when I thought I was out ..." storyline ...

TWD wasn't as good as some openers, but still a lot better than anything else on network TV (and 10 times better than any of FTWD).

Too many flashbacks in TWD for me.  Didn't help I was buzzed, but it was tough to follow.  Homeland is a clusterfuck this season.  I'd say don't bother, but I'll end up continuing to watch.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else watching The Leftovers? I thought it was going to be a Left Behind knock-off but it's so much more ambiguous & thoughtful & just.. better.  Incredible scene in last week's episode, if you saw it you probably know the one.  Intense & chilling in a very understated menacing sort of way.  There's been a lot (LOT) of fucked-uppedness through the 2 seasons but that bit was somehow beyond.  They did a lot of close ups on body language things that are primal/instinctual threat displays.. Anyway I don't want to analyze to the point of ruining it, just watch it. 

I've heard some good things about it.  I'm in need of a new series here soon.  Between this and Fargo.

Anyone watch The Bastard Executioner?  Haven't started that, but that seems like it may just become a netflix binge at some point once it goes on there.

I'm down to the last 2 episodes of Sense8.  It took a LONG time for this series to gain traction*, and despite that I'm glad to be watching it.  Homophobes might want to skip. 

* due to lots of characters and lots of plot development.  it's like Game of Thrones in this sense except there are no fantasy names/place-names so it's easier to remember who is who.  "Was that Thrakkazog from Elyn of Shart?  Wait, no it's his son, right?"  Unlike Game of Thrones, there is little action outside the last 15 minutes of each episode.

I'm down to the last 2 episodes of Sense8.  It took a LONG time for this series to gain traction*, and despite that I'm glad to be watching it.  Homophobes might want to skip. 

* due to lots of characters and lots of plot development.  it's like Game of Thrones in this sense except there are no fantasy names/place-names so it's easier to remember who is who.  "Was that Thrakkazog from Elyn of Shart?  Wait, no it's his son, right?"  Unlike Game of Thrones, there is little action outside the last 15 minutes of each episode.

forgot all about that show.  Saw the first episode or two.  Have to get back to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard some good things about it.  I'm in need of a new series here soon.  Between this and Fargo.

This 2nd season of Fargo has been great.  The first one was more of a tribute to the movie, not bad but kind of a rehash.  The story in this season is simply a good crime drama.  I think you'd need to have seen the movie to really appreciate the first season but not so this time around. 

This 2nd season of Fargo has been great.  The first one was more of a tribute to the movie, not bad but kind of a rehash.  The story in this season is simply a good crime drama.  I think you'd need to have seen the movie to really appreciate the first season but not so this time around. 

Good looking out.  I just finished it last night and I thought it was really good.  I wondered how much of it was really "told as it happened" and was going to look it up today, but I'll watch the movie first.  Can't wait to see the second season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Why is Netflix and Hulu and HBO and Showtime TV so much better then network TV? Narcos.  Broad Church.   Game of Thrones.  Blood Land.  Walking Dead. It's like you are watching two completely different entities?  How does something like NCIS even exist anymore?

More money?  NCIS gets that old people following. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe starting bloodlines next?  Between that or Daredevil.  I'm not really into the whole superhero thing, so Daredevil might not be my kind of thing?

Making a Murderer was really good, although very biased.  Anyone go through that yet?

Archived