2015 and beyond - TV Talk

Go Skins

Second season of "I'm Dying Up Here" is off to a good start.  Really solid acting from the entire cast.  It's not as straight comedy as I expected but the characters are written so well I actually GAF about their arcs.

• 2 months later...

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/30/24-prequel-potential-series-fox/

You may be in luck, 24 fans: EW has confirmed that talks are underway about a possible prequel at Fox. Series creators Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran are putting their heads together with franchise executive producer Howard Gordon to figure out a way to tell new stories about one of TV’s most popular antiheroes.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/962745-fox-developing-two-24-spin-offs-with-prequel-series-legal-thriller

FOX officially confirmed today that they’re developing two spin-off shows of the hit series 24. The first will be a prequel focusing on the origin story of Kiefer Sutherland‘s character, Jack Bauer, and the second a legal thriller that will be set in the 24 hours ticking down until a prisoner’s execution.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/963361-breaking-patrick-stewart-to-star-in-new-star-trek-series

According to Deadline, Sir Patrick Stewart has personally announced at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention that he will officially be stepping back into the role of Jean-Luc Picard in a new Star Trek show for CBS All AccessStar Trek: Discovery co-creator and executive producer Alex Kurtzman will oversee development on the new show, which is not a Star Trek: The Next Generation reboot but rather a continuation of Picard’s story.

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Jason said:

Anyone else watching New Amsterdam?  It's a really good show.

Yes, I like it also. 

Spoiler

Not sure the point of him having cancer - seems limiting to me. Going for the dramatic, I suppose.

Dr. Helen is friggin sexy to me.

unnamed-230x310.jpg

398c9c14f96e6352eead6d12ab04aa42.jpg

Was debating on putting this post in the geek zone, however the new season of Castlevania came out and man is it good. It stays pretty true to Castlevania III for NES, but pretty much using Kojima's artwork from Symphony of the Night for PS1 to tell the story. I'd recommend if you are a fan of either game, or even a fan of anime in general. Only on Netflix that I know of though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chernobyl has been really good so far, been looking forward to new episodes much more than GoT at this point. The soundtrack is incredible (no spoilers here but I mean.. it's Chernobyl, you kinda know what happened)

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2019 at 3:18 PM, Go Skins said:

I'm liking it more than the 2nd season.  I think they're embracing the pop culture 80's stuff instead of trying to make it so serious or "relevant" in a modern sense.  More cheese horror/sci-fi & the feel-good stuff so far has been tongue-in-cheek with that "afterschool special" corniness (& what I'm pretty sure were some Twin Peaks & John Hughes references, among other more obvious ones).

Only about halfway through it but they're doing a nice job of playing to their strengths overall.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, T-Dub said:

I'm liking it more than the 2nd season.  I think they're embracing the pop culture 80's stuff instead of trying to make it so serious or "relevant" in a modern sense.  More cheese horror/sci-fi & the feel-good stuff so far has been tongue-in-cheek with that "afterschool special" corniness (& what I'm pretty sure were some Twin Peaks & John Hughes references, among other more obvious ones).

Only about halfway through it but they're doing a nice job of playing to their strengths overall.

I am rewatching the entire series, as I don't recall enough of it to jump into season 3.  I am glad it is a quick re-watch.  

For those that have Xfinity for cable, Netflix got added sometime this year, so you can drop Netflix if you are paying for it separately and get Xfinity to add it to your cable. 

Tom Hanks's "From the Earth to the Moon" is decent but it's very much Tom Hanks.  You don't necessarily need a full orchestra for every scene.   Couple of guys walking down a hallway & the soundtrack makes it seem like they're raising the flag on Iwo.  

The weepy, overwrought WASPyness is detracting from a story that doesn't need extra drama.   

Tom Hanks seems like the kind of guy that salutes 4th of July napkins at Walmart.  

OK this was filmed in 1998, I'd never heard of it.  Thought Tom looked really young! I guess HBO recently uploaded it for streaming.

Archived