Bengals.com shutting down their message board

Prepare to welcome plenty of new contributors here, Bengals.com is shutting down their message board because the team doesnt want to spend a few bucks a month to fund it anymore. No news on whether or not ONE of the 1985 TVs in PBS being replaced with the savings over the next decade.

Should be a nice boost in threads, posts, opinions and characters.

Can we create a user name database for everyone to get them caught up with members here?

Kenneth- cranky, angry old man

BAB- Clipped

Me- Bengals Organization pessimist/hater

Jamie- Bad speller

GO- owner and HUGE Dalton supporter

1181- Encyclopedia Bengtanicca

Troy the Bengal- world class helmet designer

Oldschooler- not actually old, and used to post a ton of articles

Arkansas Bengal- the new Oldschooler, and actually in Arkansas

Michael Weston- love em or hate em, but dont debate em

Marcus513- the realest murdera in da hood

Its late and I need to watch Game of Thrones, feel free to add to the cheatsheet haha

Thanks for the welcome, big_dish.  You never know how much a forum like this means to you until one day when it's pulled right out from under you.  I rarely look at the Bengals site itself and instead head to the board for the latest news.  It's going to be an adjustment, but I hope this can be a soft landing for myself and many others. 

this... someone do this...

Sombody already did--now who in the hell is Johnny Cupcakes?

image.php?u=34697&dateline=1428372932
VIP Platinum Member
halloffame.jpg

Rep Points: 29821

icon1.gifRe: Where's everyone going?
If all else fails...and this message board is not saved, and a new one doesn't work out, there is an existing one that from what I've seen, looks pretty cool. It's more primitive than this site, more like an old school version, but it's got places for smack, draft talk, game day, and even a klotsch-like forum and some p&r. It seems to be open to opposing team's fans. There are already a bunch of members here that have signed up there today.

Here is the link. http://forum.go-bengals.com/

I'm still holding out some hope that the people here change their mind....though I doubt that will actually happen. They had to weigh this option for a while and understand that there would be some backlash.

Check it out.

It's been mentioned there in a few popular threads.  The word is out.  This seems to tbe the consensus destination.

Now, about these extra threads I somehow created.  Can you wish those into the cornfield for me?

It's more primitive than this site, more like an old school version, but it's got places for smack, draft talk, game day, and even a klotsch-like forum and some p&r. It seems to be open to opposing team's fans. There are already a bunch of members here that have signed up there today.

We're not primitive, we're fashionably retro.

Prepare to welcome plenty of new contributors here, Bengals.com is shutting down their message board because the team doesnt want to spend a few bucks a month to fund it anymore. No news on whether or not ONE of the 1985 TVs in PBS being replaced with the savings over the next decade.

Should be a nice boost in threads, posts, opinions and characters.

Thanks for the welcome. A few guys are a little concerned at how you guys will react to a big influx of new posters, but you guys seem pretty cool to me.

Christ. Hopefully some of them fuck off and keep that Dalton shit elsewhere lol

Actually, the bengals.com boards have really cooled down on the Dalton talk this year. I think people finally got sick of rehashing the same points. Everything's been said by now.

We've got a pretty good group here. Some guys are more active during the season and some more active in the offseason and draft time.

Pretty much every Bengals article from anywhere gets linked and discussed which is great. 

We've got a pretty good group here. Some guys are more active during the season and some more active in the offseason and draft time.

Pretty much every Bengals article from anywhere gets linked and discussed which is great. 

That's why I was so bummed when I heard they were shutting the boards down. That's where I got all my Bengals related news. So I'm glad to hear these boards are the same that way.

That's why I was so bummed when I heard they were shutting the boards down. That's where I got all my Bengals related news. So I'm glad to hear these boards are the same that way.

Yes if it is Bengal related it gets posted here for sure. You won't miss any news if you frequent this board.

This is the place you should have been all along. Bengals.com actually demanded I change my username from "bunghole" to "bung" because it engaged their language filters. Fuck that. You guys will be welcomed and absolutely fine here.

I look forward to meeting the established members here. Some of the guys coming over are very knowledgeable fans and will contribute accordingly. Some new members however, are/will be ... less than knowledgeable, lol. Should be interesting.

Here's to hoping for a smooth transition.

It will be good to have an infusion of some new people. Most of us are sick of each other.

Come one, come all, ye lonely and disenfranchised bengals.com members! We will argue the finer points of Dalton with you as I am sure that hasn't been done there and we haven't even BEGAN to open the discussion of Dalton here, so...yeah.

I had an account there that I forgot I had. I've never posted before so for some reason it will not let me start a new thread....but it will allow me to post replies. I am putting this in every thread speaking of the board shutdown:

"Feel free to join us at http://forum.go-bengals.com/ . The owner & members there would be glad to have anyone who cares to come over. If your looking for Bengals news and talk you won't miss anything there. I've been a member there for over 10 years now and its a great place.
Hope to see some of you join us! :thumbsup:"

Note: I am changing a few words in each reply also in case they have some kind of 'spam filter' setup so my posts should stick.

Archived