Bengals.com shutting down their message board

Welcome everyone! 

I am happy to see a new infusion of folks.

GB members -  I know some of us were not welcome at the official boards or were not happy with different things over there.  Let's focus on welcoming everyone and not knocking their old home.  They had a thriving community that is being taken away. (My 2 cents).

I don't think I've visited those message boards since someone hacked it and posted a chick putting a banana in her oochie coochie. I assume things turned around and they took appropriate IT measures from that point.

I wish someone would hack this board....

And no arguing is allowed.

no it is allowed, asshole!

No such thing as a noob here. All opinions are valid, even if they're Weston's. Post count is meaningless.

Welcome brethren.

But...but...what about all of my rep points?  Won't they transfer?  Will I get nothing for them?  Hell, I was hoping at the end of this I could at least cash them in at some slave labor car wash run by Mike.  Damn, this is bitter disappointment. 

GB members -  I know some of us were not welcome at the official boards or were not happy with different things over there.  Let's focus on welcoming everyone and not knocking their old home.  They had a thriving community that is being taken away. (My 2 cents).

The official boards were weird and pussified.

For example, I'm pretty sure you couldn't say cuntmuppet.

That's fucked up.

Even my mom says cuntmuppet from time to time.

Worse, the last time I checked 'em out nearly every member there wanted to draft TJ Clemmings in the 1st round.

That's fucked up too.

Also, most new posters are weird looking and smell like Fred Toast.

That ain't right.

I'm dubious about the closing of "the boards" being about $$$$. 

Had to be something else. 

Oh well. It's not the end of the world.   :suicide:

yea they host for free, nfl covers servers for teams, and they switched from IPB to a free forum software many years ago.. so im not sure what cost they are talking about.. i pay $160/mo for my dedicated server and other costs average to about $100/mo typically..  and ads typically cover most, i cover the rest... i feel like my season ticket revenue covers their boards for the year...hahaha

but whatever.. glag they are.. welcome everyone..

Welcome everyone! 

agreed.

This just in....

For a very limited time Bengalszone is offering $200 to each displaced Bengals.com member who agrees to join. 

Apparently Hoosier and Army are tired of talking to each other and Billy still isn't out of jail yet.

Best, if you mention my name when you join Bengalszone will double your $200 signing bonus. 

Tell 'em HOF sent you.

I used to have to drive there frequently for work when I was in Memphis. 70 miles of boring I-40. Magnet of Tennessee tornados. 

Welcome to the board.

Indeed i saw the F4 in 99, and was a mile away from the F4 in 03. I've recently made a couple trips to Memphis taking the back route through Somerville and Oakland and ending up in Germantown. Gotta watch for the small town speed traps but a nicer drive than I-40.

Thanks.

Oh thank God Shady you're here. Amongst others. I don't get why they'd shut our boards down. I bet you got one of the best Offical boards in the NFL when flocks of Steeler/Ravens fans and Colts fan and a Packers fan join you for conversation.

Still think we should get something together to try and save the old boards. Too much investment and memories there :'(

And because that guy said it hmmm. Bengals Steelers Ravens Browns

Hate seeing the Bengals message board go. I always felt like we had one of the best and most active boards for the NFL. With that said, it seems like a lot of us have migrated here so there is no reason we can't do the same here.

Welcome everyone! 

Agree with this.

Welcome to all my Who Dey brothers! :fistpump:

I am also a transplant. I made a ton of friends over at the bengals.com boards and was around those boards for about 10 years.

:(

It's going to be weird transitioning to this site, but im willing to give it a shot. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

ps. Its weird being able to say fuck and shit.

cock. balls.  

But...but...what about all of my rep points?  Won't they transfer?  Will I get nothing for them?  Hell, I was hoping at the end of this I could at least cash them in at some slave labor car wash run by Mike.  Damn, this is bitter disappointment. 

Speaking of rep points.....I've already gotten 79 of them over there on my first 11 posts that I made just late last night inviting people here so they must give them out over there like candy or something.... :lol:

Hate seeing the Bengals message board go. I always felt like we had one of the best and most active boards for the NFL. With that said, it seems like a lot of us have migrated here so there is no reason we can't do the same here.

We were here before the bengals.com boards and we are here after... hope everyone sticks around and makes us an even better places to hang out!

I am also a transplant. I made a ton of friends over at the bengals.com boards and was around those boards for about 10 years.

:(

It's going to be weird transitioning to this site, but im willing to give it a shot. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

ps. Its weird being able to say fuck and shit.

cock. balls.  

welcome and enjoy!

Also, most new posters are weird looking and smell like Fred Toast.

That ain't right.

What isn't right is that you know what Fred Toast smells like  :)

any chance some of you n00bs can reduce the size of your sigs?

I may be wrong, but I think you can hide sigs.

Archived