Bengals.com shutting down their message board

Aside from the profanity, the other difference you will notice from the team hosted site is that squeelers trolls are allowed to post in the main forum here.  The most frequent ones are bammorrisgotmehigh and putwittynamehere.

So long as they arent being too douchey

Is it possible to get the most recent post in a thread  to show up first in your feed as opposed to needing to click to the last page at that time? I've done a little looking, but haven't seen how to do it.

You see the little orange dot that's on the left of each thread title?  That's what you're looking for.  If that dot is grayed out, then no new posts since your last visit to that thread, if the dot is orange, new posts.  Click on the dot to go to newest post.  

Once you make a post in a thread, the orange/grayed out dot becomes an orange/grayed out star instead of a circle/dot to let you know you've posted in that particular thread.  

Aside from the profanity, the other difference you will notice from the team hosted site is that squeelers trolls are allowed to post in the main forum here.  The most frequent ones are bammorrisgotmehigh and putwittynamehere.

The reason I left the bengals.com a few years ago is that there was a lot of stealer blowing by members there. In fact, there were a lot of stealer fans at one time and they seemed to run the place. Some of the Bengals fans bowed down to them.

You see the little orange dot that's on the left of each thread title?  That's what you're looking for.  If that dot is grayed out, then no new posts since your last visit to that thread, if the dot is orange, new posts.  Click on the dot to go to newest post.  

Once you make a post in a thread, the orange/grayed out dot becomes an orange/grayed out star instead of a circle/dot to let you know you've posted in that particular thread.  

bingo.

you on computer or phone/tablet?

windows/mac?

what browser? what version of said browser?

are you using any type of ad blocker?

Nope on an LG at school. Not a full computer. Like an emulator from a server or something of that nature. Basicallly they're frozen computers that are just screens and run windows off a big server.

Thank you.

Nope on an LG at school. Not a full computer. Like an emulator from a server or something of that nature. Basicallly they're frozen computers that are just screens and run windows off a big server.

so one of two things im guessing, one either its having an issue with the ads being fed in as they are at top or bottom. 

or its somehow triggering the "top" and "bottom" short keys built into the forum, there is something to press or click to auto scroll to top and bottom.. 

i will see if i can find anything out..

A lot of new members.  Nice to see.  Welcome aboard!

**** the squealers... Oh wait, FUCK the squealers. Sounds better.

You may change your "welcome aboard" when you see all the unabashed homers like me hanging around making stupid uneducated comments. Like:

I GUARANTEE THE BENGALS WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR!!!

WHO DEY!!!

You may change your "welcome aboard" when you see all the unabashed homers like me hanging around making stupid uneducated comments. Like:

WHO DEY!!!

Well, just as long as you are willing to bet real money with Team Weed members all is good.

Hello!

Checking in from the bengals.com board.

For some reason I can post despite never getting the confirmation email.

Seems like we're welcome here, and I read this whole thread. If a goal is to prevent this place with getting spammed with Dalton threads like our soon to be gone home did, I suggest an alert eye. Almost all the issues game from a very small group of posters who kept pushing it over and over. Stop them and you stop the issue.

Let's see how this works - I'm game!

I never knew that... :facepalm:

Hopefully Bradfritz makes his way over here.

You guys will have fun with some of his posts.

BradFritz and Toast need to join the party. As well as SteelCitySouth

Im pretty sure Fritz is still unaware that the board is shutting down. He is going to have a meltdown. 

WHO DEY!!!

Every season is Championship season.

Almost every May

Hello!

Checking in from the bengals.com board.

For some reason I can post despite never getting the confirmation email.

Seems like we're welcome here, and I read this whole thread. If a goal is to prevent this place with getting spammed with Dalton threads like our soon to be gone home did, I suggest an alert eye. Almost all the issues game from a very small group of posters who kept pushing it over and over. Stop them and you stop the issue.

Let's see how this works - I'm game!

i have been pretty proactive in manually approving accounts. that way validation emails didnt cause any issues

I never knew that... :facepalm:

lol

Archived