** New members from bengals.com forums, please read. **

As a small welcome to our home, i wanted to offer up a transfer of your reputation points from the old forums if you are interested.

i know many of you spent year getting rep points talking about the team you follow and support, and the lamest part of finding a new e-home is feeling like a newb. 

if you want the rep points, just link your profile that shows the points here and list how many points, and i will adjust them accordingly.

if you arent interested, no worries.

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks!

-Ryan

As a small welcome to our home, i wanted to offer up a transfer of your reputation points from the old forums if you are interested.

i know many of you spent year getting rep points talking about the team you follow and support, and the lamest part of finding a new e-home is feeling like a newb. 

if you want the rep points, just link your profile that shows the points here and list how many points, and i will adjust them accordingly.

if you arent interested, no worries.

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks!

-Ryan

Hi Ryan!

I go by the same username here as there. I had 9017 there. No idea what that means in this forum's structure.

To prevent point inflation, I'd suggest capping it at 500 points granted.

GB users aren't as giving with points I think ... :23:

I concur. Either that or devise some type of conversion ratio, as points may not mean the same thing here as they did there (levels and such).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I had .99 negative reps for every one of my positives.  Given that negative reps don't really exist in this new, kumbaya Go-Bengals reality, I'd therefore like to request that I get those 10,000 rep points back. 

It only seems fair. 

Hi Ryan!

I go by the same username here as there. I had 9017 there. No idea what that means in this forum's structure.

You can redeem the 5,000th point for an order of nachos*

*subject to terms and conditions

*the condition is that there aren't actually any nachos

Yeah, the answer is "fuck all".

Wait, people pay attention to those things? Personally, I've never understood the reasoning behind them (being grown men and all).

I tend to agree. I guess it indicates that you've made a lot of posts that a lot of people agree with, but I don't really see the point in that. I can see a little value on a thread by thread basis, it's sort of a quick way to say "x 1000" as a lot of people do, but as far as a cumulative score it seems kind of pointless to me. Just because I might agree with a particular post, that doesn't mean you are a super awesome poster overall.

I tend to agree. I guess it indicates that you've made a lot of posts that a lot of people agree with, but I don't really see the point in that. I can see a little value on a thread by thread basis, it's sort of a quick way to say "x 1000" as a lot of people do, but as far as a cumulative score it seems kind of pointless to me. Just because I might agree with a particular post, that doesn't mean you are a super awesome poster overall.

Yeah thats how I feel. I dont "get" the overall value of it.

And, did they just now appear near our names, or were they always there? I dont think I have ever even noticed them until today.

And, did they just now appear near our names, or were they always there? I dont think I have ever even noticed them until today.

Yeah, they showed up when Go started this thread. Don't get me wrong, if people like it, that's fine. I'm not saying get rid of it.

Yeah, they showed up when Go started this thread. Don't get me wrong, if people like it, that's fine. I'm not saying get rid of it.

Yeah it doesn't bother me that it exists, and I don't care if people like them- I just never figured anyone actually did care about them! I would assume I'm wrong though, on some level.

Archived