Police the Police

oldschooler

Its like your a logical vortex of not understanding anything with depth. I like it. Keeps me on my toes. "How will T-dub read this straight forward comment." Always leaves me guessing. 

Haha IKR? Because speculating as to the race of criminals is a totally straightforward & honest inquiry with no agenda at all!

I am not going to say the police are never at fault, but the vast majority they are not.

3 steps to not getting shot by a cop:

1. Don't be someplace you are not supposed to be.

2. Don't do something you are not supposed to do.

3. When confronted by a cop, politely do as s/he says.

This will dramatically reduce your odds of getting killed by a cop.

I am not going to say the police are never at fault, but the vast majority they are not.

3 steps to not getting shot by a cop:

1. Don't be someplace you are not supposed to be.

2. Don't do something you are not supposed to do.

3. When confronted by a cop, politely do as s/he says.

This will dramatically reduce your odds of getting killed by a cop.

4. Be white.

51 police officers were killed in the line of duty in 2014.  400 people were shown killed by police in the FBI records, but that only takes in account the 750 departments that report their homicides, a fraction of the 17500 departments in the US.

What are the steps to not be shot as a policeman by someone? 

What are the steps for a policeman not to shoot someone?  This idea that the police are charged with punishment and execution is flat fucking wrong, nor is it the responsibility of citizens in general to follow a list of behaviors if they don't want to be shot.  That is not how our justice system is meant to operate.

"Don't go places you're not supposed to be" - WTF does that mean, aside from trespassing or B&E. "Don't want to get shot by a cop? Don't walk around that shitty neighborhood (that you happen to live in.) "

In other words, the responsibility for not shooting an innocent person is 100% on the person WITH THE FUCKING GUN AND BADGE.

I guess we should just "politely" suck their dicks too if ordered, because hey they are the police which makes them the ultimate unquestionable authority, right?

Cops are not Wyatt Earp, Robocop, Judge Dredd, soldiers, or superheros. There is a very specific set of rules they are meant to follow.  They are not a law unto themselves, nor are we meant to live in fear and appease them to avoid their wrath.

Go back and read that last sentence again, please, until it sinks in - because your constant lickspittle routine is tiresome.

What are the steps for a policeman not to shoot someone?  This idea that the police are charged with punishment and execution is flat fucking wrong, nor is it the responsibility of citizens in general to follow a list of behaviors if they don't want to be shot.  That is not how our justice system is meant to operate.

"Don't go places you're not supposed to be" - WTF does that mean, aside from trespassing or B&E. "Don't want to get shot by a cop? Don't walk around that shitty neighborhood (that you happen to live in.) "

In other words, the responsibility for not shooting an innocent person is 100% on the person WITH THE FUCKING GUN AND BADGE.

I guess we should just "politely" suck their dicks too if ordered, because hey they are the police which makes them the ultimate unquestionable authority, right?

Cops are not Wyatt Earp, Robocop, Judge Dredd, soldiers, or superheros. There is a very specific set of rules they are meant to follow.  They are not a law unto themselves, nor are we meant to live in fear and appease them to avoid their wrath.

Go back and read that last sentence again, please, until it sinks in - because your constant lickspittle routine is tiresome.

I have yet to hear a story where someone cooperated and then was shot. 

I have yet to hear a story where someone cooperated and then was shot. 

Do you need someone to repost the video of the Cleveland cop jumping out of his car and opening fire on the kid with the BB gun? I guess he could have "cooperated" by simply shooting himself and saving that poor scared policeman the trouble.

So if you don't cooperate with any and everything someone in uniform tells you, its ok for them to shoot you?

Another question; Do you prefer the brown shoe leather or are you more of a classic black patent guy?

Do you prefer the brown shoe leather or are you more of a classic black patent guy?

I prefer the brown shoe if it's summertime--my neck is usually slightly tanned and the color match is quite fashionable.

I was referring to the flavor, maybe some hints as to wine pairings...

Do you need someone to repost the video of the Cleveland cop jumping out of his car and opening fire on the kid with the BB gun? I guess he could have "cooperated" by simply shooting himself and saving that poor scared policeman the trouble.

So if you don't cooperate with any and everything someone in uniform tells you, its ok for them to shoot you?

Another question; Do you prefer the brown shoe leather or are you more of a classic black patent guy?

This is really what it comes down to, when deadly force is ok and when it is not. This idea that it's ok simply because the person doing it has a badge is wrong, hell most honest and good cops would tell you that.

I am pretty sure I have said constantly that that situation was terrible. Still it was a cop reporting to a scene of a crime. He acted terribly and his response did not meet the situation. But the kid wasn't swinging on a swing. 

This is really what it comes down to, when deadly force is ok and when it is not. This idea that it's ok simply because the person doing it has a badge is wrong, hell most honest and good cops would tell you that.

I know that this is what many of you believe this comes down to. It's not. 

I am pretty sure I have said constantly that that situation was terrible. Still it was a cop reporting to a scene of a crime. He acted terribly and his response did not meet the situation. But the kid wasn't swinging on a swing. 

What crime was being committed there?

What crime was being committed there?

He was aiming a gun at people. Why do you think the police were called. I 100% agree the cop was in the wrong to not assess the situation and find out it was not a lethal weapon. But the kid isn't aiming a gun, the cop doesn't come. 

He was aiming a gun at people. Why do you think the police were called. I 100% agree the cop was in the wrong to not assess the situation and find out it was not a lethal weapon. But the kid isn't aiming a gun, the cop doesn't come. 

Can you point me to a reference where he was pointing it at anyone? I remember the 911 caller saying "it's probably a BB gun" but that's about it. In the video he appears to be alone.

Can you point me to a reference where he was pointing it at anyone? I remember the 911 caller saying "it's probably a BB gun" but that's about it. In the video he appears to be alone.

Does it matter? The police officer was reporting to a place where a kid was brandishing a gun and there were other kids. Does the semantics of what was actually happening matter in that instance? 

Here is the wikipedia report with sources 

The shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old African American boy, occurred on November 22, 2014, in Cleveland,Ohio. Two police officers, 26-year-old Timothy Loehmann and 46-year-old Frank Garmback, responded after receiving a police dispatch call "of a male sitting on a swing and pointing a gun at people" in a city park.[1][2][3] A caller reported that a male was pointing "a pistol" at random people in the Cudell Recreation Center. Toward the end of the 2 minute call, the caller stated "he is probably a juvenile."[4] The officers reported that upon their arrival, Rice reached towards a gun in his waistband. Loehmann fired two shots within two seconds of arriving on the scene, hitting Rice once in the torso.[2][5]

Does it matter? The police officer was reporting to a place where a kid was brandishing a gun and there were other kids. Does the semantics of what was actually happening matter in that instance? 

So the fact that he didn't actually have a gun and nobody was in any danger, yet he was still summarily executed on the spot, to you is a question of "semantics"?

It would be interesting to see the number of police deaths there are and how many are caused by known criminals and then break that all down by race. 

The important thing you seem to either be missing or avoiding here is that, if someone kills a cop, they are probably spending the rest of their life in jail (and rightly so) or at best as a hunted fugitive.   What happens if a cop shoots an innocent person? Paid administrative leave?

Seemed pretty important to the dispatcher to identify the race of the individual while the caller focused on what the person was wearing. I'm also assuming that kids don't play cowboys and Indians around there very much. Caller was scared to shit according to his own words but obviously not scared enough to move away from the dangerous individual ?

In the early 80s a police officer was shot dead by a kid with a 22 rifle. The cop approached the kid believing it was simply a BB gun. This happened less than 2 miles from where I grew up.

Kids access their irresponsible parents weapons ALL the time. What starts out as a forbidden fruit, turns into something horrible.

Gangs have been known to arm their little couriers with real guns painted with a orange tip to simulate a toy.

What the Hell are any of us to do ?

Gangs have been known to arm their little couriers with real guns painted with a orange tip to simulate a toy.

That's fuct.  I want to say there are additional penalties for doing something like that in the commission of a crime but I can't remember what it's called.  Possibly even if you don't commit a crime, for simply disguising a weapon as something else.

I'm pretty sure that using a toy or simulated weapon, even sticking up a bank with your hand in an empty coat pocket, is still legally armed robbery.  

Maybe the resident GB legal department can enlighten us?  For that matter, where's Actium?

Archived