Police the Police

oldschooler

What was the purpose of telling kids in bathing suits to get to the ground? Until he ran up on them in that manner did they pose any threat? Was it necessary for him to draw his gun?

I have no idea. But I am not assuming that he didn't. Apparently someone attacked a security guard and he was trying to sort it out.

What did he do wrong there specifically? Was he not allowed to tell the people to get on the ground. Was he not allowed to draw his gun and then put it back after a guy was aggressively coming up behind him that he couldn't see? What did the girl do to get wrestled to the ground?

We know nothing. It's just a video with no context and you have already written the narrative.

Same with the one above it. The guy turned around and looked like he was going for something in his belt. It's a terrible thing.

What did he do wrong?  Look at the beginning of the video.  One officer seems to have it under control, calmly taking to the kids, when MORON BOY comes up pushing people to the ground and yelling like he's some fucking fool.  He escalated the situation, and then continued to act a complete ass to everyone of color.  Not one word was said to a single white kid, but every black kid was a felon in training. I sometimes wonder what the fuck you are thinking, if you are thinking.

Here's the whole video, Explain to me why this fool should ever be allowed to wear a badge again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R46-XTqXkzE

Holy shit, I didn't see the whole video. The other cop had things under control and this guy.... wow

There's a couple more videos of the incident on the Washington Post. The department put him on Administrative leave which means he still collects a paycheck. Officer needs to be fired.

Responding to a scene with multiple juveniles in a disturbance should have had more officer's responding than what happened. IMHO. It's obvious the juveniles were also hurling insults at the police which no doubt exasperated the already stressed out situation. Public gathering trespassing on private property and resulted in a security guard being accosted, will get a heightened response from the police. However, the one officer going cookoo did not appear to have a partner with him. Flying solo in a mass disturbance is stupid and should result in his firing and possibly his castration to prevent potential breeding.

Holy shit, I didn't see the whole video. The other cop had things under control and this guy.... wow

Definitely adds context. Not sure he should lose his job but he's definitely got to work on handling his anger and how to work a crowd. He was within his rights to do everything he did though. It's the lack of control he had when doing it.

What do you think would have happened if the kids just sat down and complied. What if that girl had just walked away and stopped running her mouth? The guy was out of line but I hope they charge those kids too. There are clearly a ton of kids acting right. The guy with the camera never gets touched.

The kids were fine before he ran up, loud but i mean is that a crime? But they were fine. The other officer was handling it professionally and descalating it and this guy came running in and made the whole thing worse.

The kids were fine before he ran up, loud but i mean is that a crime? But they were fine. The other officer was handling it professionally and descalating it and this guy came running in and made the whole thing worse.

Wasnt there a fight?

I mean I agree he did a terrible job de-escalating but the girl he put to the ground should have just walked away. He pulled a gun because someone snuck up behind him.

Between a adult and a child yes, so question is why isn't the adult being told to get on the ground? Why were they dealing with just the kids and not the adult that got in a fight with the one kid?

I believe he was telling them to get on the ground so he could figure out what was going on.

I believe he was telling them to get on the ground so he could figure out what was going on.

Sure, but again why just the kids? I mean an adult woman apparently got in a fight with a kid, was that not reported?  And why just the black kids? I mean he stood there looking at the kid that was video taping him. I'm not necessarily jumping on this was racist train here, but it is a bit odd.

Can happen? Backer the other cops were calm till this guy went solo. He exasperated the situation.

I don't disagree, just saying when multiple people are involved and you're trying to assess and control a situation, mistakes can be made, but I don't blame him for pulling his weapon when the two guys came toward him.

The link I posted was the main reason I joined the conversation. Guy shoplifts from Walmart, runs into random house, cops destroy the house during the standoff for no good reason. That was a calculated decision from higher ups who had plenty of time to think about what they were doing.

I don't disagree, just saying when multiple people are involved and you're trying to assess and control a situation, mistakes can be made, but I don't blame him for pulling his weapon when the two guys came toward him.

Number 1: Officer never went to a different escalator. He went straight to his gun.

Number 2: Officer never should have gone solo.

In Louisville a unarmed man was drawn down on by an officer that was flying solo. No taser, no baton, etc... Straight to the gun. Officer missed shooting him, guy got pissed and charged the officer while he was buck naked. Officer shot again and missed again. Officer was disarmed by a naked man and the gun was used to shoot the officer and also at neighbors.

In short this officer in Texas made the same mistakes. Fortunately for him, he survived. Fortunately for others around the officer they didn't get shot either. This whole incident could have ended alot worse than it did.

Number 1: Officer never went to a different escalator. He went straight to his gun.

Number 2: Officer never should have gone solo.

In Louisville a unarmed man was drawn down on by an officer that was flying solo. No taser, no baton, etc... Straight to the gun. Officer missed shooting him, guy got pissed and charged the officer while he was buck naked. Officer shot again and missed again. Officer was disarmed by a naked man and the gun was used to shoot the officer and also at neighbors.

In short this officer in Texas made the same mistakes. Fortunately for him, he survived. Fortunately for others around the officer they didn't get shot either. This whole incident could have ended alot worse than it did.

Officer needed more range time.

Officer needed more range time.

...and more training. Never respond solo for domestic disturbance. Still no reason this situation couldn't have been avoided from the beginning. Nobody, cop or suspects, should be the judge, jury, and executioner.

Archived