Police the Police

oldschooler

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/6/9/pulling_a_gun_on_a_pool

Sergeant Cheryl Dorsey's thoughts here are interesting...

Holy shit that video is absurd. 

"He did a flip and did a pose?"

HE TRIPPED! I bet his gun was out for less then 10 seconds. 

"Paid particular attention to this young women because she failed to follow his orders. When you don't do what an officer says there is a price to pay."

His job is to clear the scene or create peace and she wasn't allowing it. If you fail to follow a policeman's orders you should be able to get taken down. What an absurd comment. What other recourse would he have to secure the scene if he couldn't take someone down who wasn't following his orders?

In a news conference, McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley called the officer's actions at a Texas pool party "indefensible."

Yet there Weston is trying to defend it....

Weston, you have relatives in Texas? 

Texas woman says cop who pulled gun at pool party 'deserves a medal'

Agreed, I mean when even your own boss comes out and says what you did was wrong...

Well, it can be a case of cover your own ass, even if you have to throw somebody under the bus. Probably not in this case, that cop did seem to be much more aggressive than the others. Hard to sit here at my keyboard and judge though.

Here's another person's opinion on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtxeKuSFpaE

I don't know, thankfully no one got hurt.

Just as an aside, I think it's neat how whenever there's some racially-biased incident any random person from that race can become an instant youtube celebrity by filming an apology for white people. 

Kudos to you, Kisa Jackson, Official Spokeswoman for Black America!

Just as an aside, I think it's neat how whenever there's some racially-biased incident any random person from that race can become an instant youtube celebrity by filming an apology for white people. 

Kudos to you, Kisa Jackson, Official Spokeswoman for Black America!

Yep.  There's always a few, just like the house servants on the plantation.

Agreed Backer, could be CYA could be heart-felt I cant say one way or the other. Also agree that he was much more aggressive than the others. Also glad no one got hurt, and hope that the former officer and girl can find some sort of resolution between them so the girl doesnt grow up hating the police the rest of her life.

He was awarded cop of the year a few years ago, but also had a complaint filed against him for racial bias

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/06/09/past-race-case-against-cop-texas-teens-lead-live.cnn

Also the woman who got into the fight with the kid has been placed on administrative leave

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/10/1392082/-Woman-Involved-in-Starting-McKinney-Pool-Fight-Placed-on-Administrative-Leave-by-CoreLogic-Inc

I wonder if the cop was embarrrased because he tripped and took a dive in front of folks and as a result reacted a bit over the top. Surely his acrobatics were not deliberate? Does he have a history of incidents? Haven't followed this too closely.

Thats what I think. 

This bothers me, seems very Orwellian.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article23616994.html

This person was not simply an employee of a business. He was a principal within the school district.

I've argued with myself over a principal speaking out against or for a charged event such as what happened in Texas. On one hand I believe in freedom of speech and the other that was saying I hope he doesn't represent the school districts's consensus. I think that as the representative of the school district he would have been very careful of sensitive situations. Otherwise, what other kind of bad decisions does he make with the children of the district that parents hope they can trust their children with ?

Take alot into account, pile it all together, sort through the BS, etc... This principal doesn't have my positive vote. This is not necessarily a freedom of speech type of situation. This is kinda like the asshole who thinks it's OK to yell fire in a crowded theater...

This person was not simply an employee of a business. He was a principal within the school district.

I've argued with myself over a principal speaking out against or for a charged event such as what happened in Texas. On one hand I believe in freedom of speech and the other that was saying I hope he doesn't represent the school districts's consensus. I think that as the representative of the school district he would have been very careful of sensitive situations. Otherwise, what other kind of bad decisions does he make with the children of the district that parents hope they can trust their children with ?

Take alot into account, pile it all together, sort through the BS, etc... This principal doesn't have my positive vote. This is not necessarily a freedom of speech type of situation. This is kinda like the asshole who thinks it's OK to yell fire in a crowded theater...

x2

Archived