Police the Police

oldschooler

There's nothing wrong with her bitching at the officer?

No, lawfully there is nothing wrong with her bitching at the officer.

Listening to the dashcam video, she said that he was coming up on her fast and she switched lanes to get out of his way. When she did that, she didn't use her signal, and that's why he pulled her over. If her story is true, then he was at fault for following too closely and it made her nervous. ANY person of color is nervous (aand rightfully so) when a cop is following them. It doesn't excuse her for not using her turn signal, but let's be real about this... he was targeting her.

Now, police are taught to de-escalate a situation whenever possible, and it's quite obvious that he exacerbated the situation, making it end much worse than it ever should have been.

Now had she threatened him, either verbally or physically, he would've had the right to arrest her.

It my not be legally wrong but it's wrong. And no he didn't deserve to be dead for it. 

The fact of the matter is the police over reacted. They have  stressful job. Stop acting like idiots and making it more stressful. Have some respect. 

Yeah, I bet their job is almost as stressful as being a black woman pulled over for no real reason in rural Texas by a cop with a terminal case of the ass.

It my not be legally wrong but it's wrong. And no he didn't deserve to be dead for it. 

The fact of the matter is the police over reacted. They have  stressful job. Stop acting like idiots and making it more stressful. Have some respect. 

I get what you're saying, but surely they know they are going to encounter people who cop an attitude and are taught to use restraint. I won't go so far as to say he targeted her, but why didn't he calmly call for backup?

Yep, they should just pull over and say" Hi Mr officer, sir! It shoule is a pleasure getting pulled over by you. Lord a goshen, was i'se doing something wrong? Wellin, if 'n I was, you shoule oughtsta punish me to the letta'of de law!"

It's a shame that it's difficult to tell when the Onion is writing satire anymore.

Do You Know Why I’m Pulling You Over, Being Wildly Aggressive, And Charging You With Assault Today, Sir?

Good afternoon, sir. Go ahead and roll your window all the way down for me. My name is Officer Daniel McEwen from the Greene County Police Department. Now, do you know why I’m pulling you over today, being overly aggressive, and charging you with a felony count of assaulting a police officer?

I’m going to need to see your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. Thank you, sir. Now, just sit tight in your car while I take a look here and grow increasingly hostile. I’m just going to start addressing you in an unmistakably threatening tone that is specifically meant to intimidate and provoke, and then drastically escalate the situation so that it quickly gets out of hand.

[follow link for more]

One cool Trooper.
http://youtu.be/fyHMbHHtArE
I wonder if Rayshaun could get away with this ?

Now THAT is an exemplary police officer! Notice how he does everything within his power to deescalate and calm. This should be a training video to show how it's done..

Because cops these days tend to be veterans of fucked up shit that's been happening in the Middle East and view all citizens as potential threats instead of people they are here to serve.

Absolutely a variable. I wonder if this was the case in 1992 right after the first Gulf War ended? (Although Desert Storm/Shield was a cake walk compared to today's conflicts.)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/watch-body-cam-video-released-in-sam-dubose-shooting

Warning: I wouldn't say graphic per se, but the guy does die so if you don't want to see a murder don't watch.

Curious on some of your thoughts.

1. The guy didn't deserve to die.
2. The cop should definitely be punished.
3. This should never have happened over a frickin license plate.

With all that being said, instead of protesting, we as a people should be teaching the public that when you get pulled over, do what the cop says no matter what. Even if you feel you did nothing wrong. Why put yourself in this position? If Sam had just listened to the cop he would still be alive.

As I said he didn't deserve to die and the cop should be punished, but 99.9% of the time the guy getting pulled over here would have survived had he not started the car and attempted to drive away from a cop.

We should also be teaching police how to better handle these situations and that guns should be last resort not first.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this post, but just my opinion.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/cincinnati/watch-body-cam-video-released-in-sam-dubose-shooting

Warning: I wouldn't say graphic per se, but the guy does die so if you don't want to see a murder don't watch.

With all that being said, instead of protesting, we as a people should be teaching the public that when you get pulled over, do what the cop says no matter what. Even if you feel you did nothing wrong. Why put yourself in this position? If Sam had just listened to the cop he would still be alive.

As I said he didn't deserve to die and the cop should be punished, but 99.9% of the time the guy getting pulled over here would have survived had he not started the car and attempted to drive away from a cop.

We should also be teaching police how to better handle these situations and that guns should be last resort not first.

His actions should have turned a citation into an arrest, not an execution. The answer shouldn't be just do what the cop says or get killed. Shit, we've already had someone shot while complying and reaching for his license. 99.9% of the time a sane person doesn't shoot someone in the head for trying to drive away.

Hate to say it this way, but that sounds like Bobby Knight saying that if you know you're getting raped, you should just try to enjoy it.  These MF's are not Judge Dredd!

Archived