Alec investigation

MichaelWeston

Unfortunately this is, and always has been pervasive in both parties. It's bribery, plain and simple. It's not just corporations, it's also unions and all sorts of special interest groups. The problem is, how do you stop it? Politicians certainly aren't going to do anything to stop it. Money is power.

" and did we tell you the name of the game, boy? we call it riding the gravy train"

Unfortunately this is, and always has been pervasive in both parties. It's bribery, plain and simple. It's not just corporations, it's also unions and all sorts of special interest groups. The problem is, how do you stop it? Politicians certainly aren't going to do anything to stop it. Money is power.

" and did we tell you the name of the game, boy? we call it riding the gravy train"

Show me an entity like ALEC on the democratic side.

Good video. Says the same thing I said a couple of posts up. The mistake people make though, is thinking this is just a Republican thing.

And to kenneth, for one, unions have enormous paid influence. Corporations also give tons of money to Democrats. Money is power, and those with money spread it around so they will always have power.

Good video. Says the same thing I said a couple of posts up. The mistake people make though, is thinking this is just a Republican thing.

And to kenneth, for one, unions have enormous paid influence. Corporations also give tons of money to Democrats. Money is power, and those with money spread it around so they will always have power.

Yes, money is power, and yes, some corporations and unions use that power to lobby for favor.  What most of them don't do, however, is use that money to "buy" politicians and then provide them with actual word for word bills to take into statehouses all over the country and get passed into law.  Acting like they do, either shows an overiding desire to provide a false equivalency or ignorance of the process. 

Archived