Obama and Bowe Bergdahl release

ColdWarrior

Did Obama intentionally give the U.S. military the finger by releasing key prisoners and taking a deserter in exchange?

It is my opinion that Obama is far more calculating than many give him credit for. Those who accuse him of simple incompetence greatly underestimate him.

Exchanges of prisoners generally are rank-for-rank. Was Obama attempting to convey a message that a soldier who basically protested the war by walking off was as valuable as five opposition commanders?

I suspect so. I don't believe for a minute that the administration was simply ignorant of Bergahl's status.

Funny that you should mention Benghazi because I was initiallly irate that Mitt let him slide on that topic when it was apparent that the administration was pushing a ridiculous story about what was rather obviously a planned assault. (I say "initially" because I decided that Mitt and his team decided that the topic was too confrontational and would alienate women voters.) Everybody dogs Fox for being a tool of the right, but they were so far in front of the other networks on the true Benghazi story that it's not funny. It is literally not funny to me that supposed journalists accepted that crock of a story for weeks.

If you've read any of the reports it is apparent the Administration ran with what is called "Raw Intelligence" and not the stuff that was ran through the analysts. When keeping in mind that they were trying to get answers out to the media asap that is understandable how that might happen. Now we can discuss if they should be pushing something out to the media asap vs waiting on the analysts.

Fox being "right" about the so called video, is like saying Sarah Palin was right about Russia invading Crimea. Technically maybe, but it's not like they knew that for sure, it was more they thew shit against the wall and this shit just happened to stick.

That's why I mentioned the fake scandal, simply because it imo is more about when people knew what they knew and who knew it.

Also how would Benghazi alienate woman voters?

Mitt was all Mr. Nice guy in the debate rather than going pit bull on the lack of security at our embassy. That was probably not by accident. Our election campaigns are essentially the mass marketing of candidates and image is everything.

Nothing of note in that other than Stevens considered leaving due to deterating security a year ealier. Got to have money for security. But nothing damming about any wrong doing on her or the administrations part. Pretty boring actually

I can't take Benghazi seriously. Libya was, still is, messy but a tea party compared to Iraq. We got off easy there.

100% against negotiating for her release, though. Prefer the Russian or Israeli method of "negotiating". They have families, too.

Nothing of note in that other than Stevens considered leaving due to deterating security a year ealier. Got to have money for security. But nothing damming about any wrong doing on her or the administrations part. Pretty boring actually

Within 2 days after it happened at minimum, they were aware that it was a planned attack, not a video, yet they continued to blame it on the video. With the upcoming election they didn't want it to look like a terrorist attack because they feared a backlash against Obama and that it could damage his re-election chances.

Yet here we are the guy they caught that was responsible...Ahmed Abu Khattala...telling you it was then a few days later not being committing or backing away from that

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/world/middleeast/apprehension-of-ahmed-abu-khattala-may-begin-to-answer-questions-on-assault.html?hp&_r=3

As the attack in Benghazi was unfolding a few hours later, Mr. Abu Khattala told fellow Islamist fighters and others that the assault was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.

In an interview a few days later, he pointedly declined to say whether an offensive online video might indeed warrant the destruction of the diplomatic mission or the killing of the ambassador. “From a religious point of view, it is hard to say whether it is good or bad,” he said.

I can't take Benghazi seriously. Libya was, still is, messy but a tea party compared to Iraq. We got off easy there.

100% against negotiating for her release, though. Prefer the Russian or Israeli method of "negotiating". They have families, too.

I dont take it seriously because 1. It's an obvious campaign issue they want to use against Hillary (they dont actually care about this) because 2. If they did they wouldnt be continuing to make cuts to embassy security and 3. put embassies in places we are not wanted.

None of these people truly want to address #3 its all nonsense to play political games over.

Archived