Obama and Bowe Bergdahl release

ColdWarrior

Maybe. But then he probably didnt want Obama coming back with budget cuts.Btw Joe Biden was a pittbull in the VP debate.

Which is one of the reasons a VP is not the leading Dem candidate... That, and he's a gaffe machine. His son's cancer and death, however, cannot fail to inspire sympathy from any human who's not a psychopath.

His son's cancer and death, however, cannot fail to inspire sympathy from any human who's not a psychopath.

Going way OT here but.. OK, it does inspire some degree of sympathy. At the same time, when I read about a famous/celebrity(by proximity in this case) death there's also a part of me that is reminded that the only difference between this death and a statistic is fame. So while it's sad for Biden, and untimely, and unfortunate, it also - if I'm being honest - doesn't affect me.  I guess I can't help but find the hand-wringing a bit fake, like we should all act sad because that's what we're supposed to do, not out of any genuine emotion.  Maybe that's fucked up, maybe it's because there are no state funerals for my friends and family, IDK.  Death & how its managed by the living is an odd & personal thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, while I do recognize it's a shitty situation for Biden, I have no more reason to vote for him now than I did a week ago.

A couple of tunes always pop into my head when I hear this sort of news:

Strangers Die Everyday by Butthole Surfers, which I won't bother linking as it's really just some organ droning and distorted vocals that would probably WTF most folks & isn't close to their best work even for a fan like myself

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq-84Y1EviE

I'm fun at parties ;)

Archived