Senator Lindsey Graham running for President

Go Skins

http://www.wistv.com/story/29204815/in-small-town-sc-sen-lindsey-graham-announces-run-for-president

CENTRAL, SC (WIS) -

Just 20 minutes outside of his hometown of Seneca in the small town of Central where he was born, Sen. Lindsey Graham formally announced his plans to seek the nation's highest office.

Graham officially enters an extremely crowded Republican primary field that includes fellow senators Rand Paul and Marco Rubio.

Graham is no stranger to the 2016 race. On April 19, he told Fox News there was a 91 percent chance he would run for the nation's highest office.

Recently in an interview with CBS This Morning, Graham was a bit more bold in his declaration, saying that he was "running" without actually formally announcing.

"I'm running because of what you see on television. I'm running because I think the world is falling apart. I've been more right than wrong on foreign policy," Graham said.

The senior senator from South Carolina has also made frequent on-air appearances to critique candidates and talk about what he believes will be the most important issue of the 2016 election: foreign policy.

Graham hasn't been afraid to criticize other candidates like Paul on their policies.

"At the end of the day, [Paul's] record, in my view, shows a foreign policy vision one step behind leading from behind," he said during a briefing on Capitol Hill. "And all I can say is that, if he's the nominee, I will support him, but, if he's the nominee of the party, we risk giving up the central issue of the 2016 campaign, which will be foreign policy. I think Sen. Paul's record on this issue is quite frankly behind that of President Obama."

Archived