White Woman pretends to be black...

Numbers

Be sure to spread those messages during St Paticks Day, Octoberfest, Native American Month, Black History Month, Cinco DeMayo, the Lebanese Festival, the Italian Festival, the Greek Festival,the Italian Festival.
Please wait until I attend and enjoy the unique foods, music, clothing and dance that these various cultures have to offer.......... before you tell them to be more American.

Huge difference between celebrating your culture with pride in a public forum versus racial members-only exclusivity.

My replies to CW are snark in this thread. Especially the last one as no one in their right mind would try to create some analogous equivalency between black guys on a football team and the NAACP. I'll try to be less lazy in the future.

Nobody seems to want to actually answer the relatively simple question of whether Marvin Lewis holding black-only players meetings would increase team unity.

Academic snark is not a substitute for a simple answer. We all know why everyone wants to perform gyrations and sling insults rather than answer a question which is almost rhetorical - for anyone in their right mind.

Huge difference between celebrating your culture with pride in a public forum versus racial members-only exclusivity.

Amazing to see you say that, when most of the organizations that you are disparaging, have never had racial members only exclusivity. Maybe you should learn a little history and you would realize that in the America we live, racially exclusive groups have almost always been of the Caucasian persuasion.

Nobody seems to want to actually answer the relatively simple question of whether Marvin Lewis holding black-only players meetings would increase team unity.

Maybe because your question seems disingenuous & the attempt to compare that situation with, say, the NAACP is fucking ridiculous and not worth the time.

That's my answer, anyway.

My snark isn't academic; I'm an equal opportunity asshole.

I too am upset when people do not answer questions. Just the other day I asked someone, "What would you do if your feet suddenly turned into alligators? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

tl;dr: what Kenneth said.

Thus far all you have really managed to do is to express some latent white bias, masked by a mostly pristine notion of military virtue. I get it. Thank you for your service. But don't be surprised if some folks have drawn different lessons from their military experience than you have:

The military allows everyone the opportunity to learn discipline and respect for authority.

I came out of the service with a shitload of questions about the nature of that authority. Of course, I was a citizen-soldiersailor and not a lifer.

edit to add: no offense to the other career military folks here who seem to have overcome their raw reverence for authority in-and-of-itself.

Amazing to see you say that, when most of the organizations that you are disparaging, have never had racial members only exclusivity. Maybe you should learn a little history and you would realize that in the America we live, racially exclusive groups have almost always been of the Caucasian persuasion.

Correct! And they were dead wrong.

I think the real question which we all need to answer, and our opinions will obviously differ, is when does the NAACP become obsolete? Or, more importantly, when will it actually become an impediment to national unity? Is it when every racist is eliminated? That will never happen. Is it when all government policies prohibit discrimination? That's the case now.

I will not dispute the historical necessity and accomplishments of the NAACP. Their role going forward is what is at issue. I really hate to focus on a single racial organization, but the NAALatino, NAAIndian, NAAAsian aren't exactly household names.

My question about Marvin Lewis may seem trite, but I truly long for the day when race-only meetings are viewed as counterproductive by both races. I suspect that black teammates on the Bengals would say "Hey, we're all one team here!"

My snark isn't academic; I'm an equal opportunity asshole.

I too am upset when people do not answer questions. Just the other day I asked someone, "What would you do if your feet suddenly turned into alligators? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

tl;dr: what Kenneth said.

Thus far all you have really managed to do is to express some latent white bias, masked by a mostly pristine notion of military virtue. I get it. Thank you for your service. But don't be surprised if some folks have drawn different lessons from their military experience than you have:

I came out of the service with a shitload of questions about the nature of that authority. Of course, I was a citizen-soldiersailor and not a lifer.

edit to add: no offense to the other career military folks here who seem to have overcome their raw reverence for authority in-and-of-itself.

Homer, for a fairly cerebral individual you resort to insulting slams far more than discussion/debate content. Although I smile at your creativity, I lose respect for your argument. Example- "raw reverence for authority"? Really?

Latent white bias? I reserve the most respect for those who excel from humble origins. Lou Holtz - white guy. Clarence Thomas - unbelievably brilliant and accomplished - black guy. I look forward to the day when our races are so intermingled that this whole discussion is moot.

Correct! And they were dead wrong.
I think the real question which we all need to answer, and our opinions will obviously differ, is when does the NAACP become obsolete? Or, more importantly, when will it actually become an impediment to national unity? Is it when every racist is eliminated? That will never happen. Is it when all government policies prohibit discrimination? That's the case now.
I will not dispute the historical necessity and accomplishments of the NAACP. Their role going forward is what is at issue. I really hate to focus on a single racial organization, but the NAALatino, NAAIndian, NAAAsian aren't exactly household names.
My question about Marvin Lewis may seem trite, but I truly long for the day when race-only meetings are viewed as counterproductive by both races. I suspect that black teammates on the Bengals would say "Hey, we're all one team here!"

You, my friend, don't really desire an answer, or you'd take the time to use your vast ability to think critically to figure it out. Instead, you would prefer to show us that all of those "black people" are simply looking for a handout, because the playing field is SO LEVEL. Hell, we elected a black president, all that racism stuff surely is over, right?

Like I mentioned to Backer in another thread, I've been a bit lazy of late. This hasn't always been the case; I've posted some useful material on occasion over the years. I can be pretty sober at times.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHdPhkSSNQ[/media]

I guess I will get a better understanding when you give several examples of these "racial members only exclusive" groups that you speak of. ?
As far as hate groups go, blacks aren't lining up to join the KKK and whites aren't complaining about not being able to join the almost invisible new black panthers.......at least from what I know.

I guess I will get a better understanding when you give several examples of these "racial members only exclusive" groups that you speak of. ?
As far as hate groups go, blacks aren't lining up to join the KKK and whites aren't complaining about not being able to join the almost invisible new black panthers.......at least from what I know.

I'm not talking about hate groups; there are an abundance of small miscreant groups. I'm talking about important groups like the black congressional caucus which is obviously racial exclusive, but would scream bloody murder if there were a white congressional caucus.

The KKK is more invisible today than the New Black Panthers or Louis Farrakan's Nation of Islam.

too much moderation going on here if you ask me.

No responses in this thread have been modded and if someone is going to start pulling the Poor Whitey bullshit as a response, good chance it gets modded.

No responses in this thread have been modded and if someone is going to start pulling the Poor Whitey bullshit as a response, good chance it gets modded.

Could you explain "Poor Whitey bullshit" and how posting it breaks the forum rules?

The KKK is more invisible today than the New Black Panthers or Louis Farrakan's Nation of Islam.

Bullshit, every week I read another story about how they're passing out flyers in some neighborhood.

The Klan have conducted a campaign of terror for the last 150-ish years in America and still get to march down Main Street.

Sorry, no, the KKK is 1000x fucking worse than the Black Panthers or NoI.  Not a fan of either one FWIW but if you think they're the same thing as the Klan you are sadly mistaken.  Emphasis on sadly.

Could you explain "Poor Whitey bullshit" and how posting it breaks the forum rules?

If it is directed AT another member, it is name calling. It's not that hard. If you can't refute someone's argument without resorting to name calling, particularly if the name calling obviously implies the person is a racist then you need to work on your debating skills.

If it is directed AT another member, it is name calling. It's not that hard. If you can't refute someone's argument without resorting to name calling, particularly if the name calling obviously implies the person is a racist then you need to work on your debating skills.

Well, when that person is saying they need a concealed weapon because of black people, I think the "racist" label is nobody's fault but their own.

Go ahead and protect him if you think that's the right thing to do but I don't regret one word I posted in response.

I would've appreciated the opportunity to edit the post myself but since you consider it "poor whitey bullshit" yet his post is A-OK..  Nah, I'm good.  You've made your point and apparently I've made mine.

Well, when that person is saying they need a concealed weapon because of black people, I think the "racist" label is nobody's fault but their own.

Go ahead and protect him if you think that's the right thing to do but I don't regret one word I posted in response.

I would've appreciated the opportunity to edit the post myself but since you consider it "poor whitey bullshit" yet his post is A-OK..  Nah, I'm good.  You've made your point and apparently I've made mine.

Sorry but let's quit pretending your currently hidden posts were anything more than racist name calling. So let me ask you one question?

If Angry Whitey is perfectly acceptable to you, can one respond with Angry Darkie?

Also, I will unlock the post so others can reference what the discussion concerns.

I don't recall a single poster saying anything about needing a concealed weapon to protect themselves from black people. I've read posts where they want to protect themselves from crime.

I don't recall a single poster saying anything about needing a concealed weapon to protect themselves from black people. I've read posts where they want to protect themselves from crime.

Guy in question made a thread titled "It's a Jungle Out There" which consisted entirely of youtube videos in which the apparent victim was always white and the attackers always black - it wasn't just random street crime, or hell who knows if half of them were crimes at all - then referenced that thread as demonstrating a need for CCW.

Draw your own conclusions but I don't know how much clearer it can be...

In 2008, which was the last year this particular survey was done, the FBI Victimization Survey showed that there were 520,161 interracial crimes.  Of that number, 429,444 were crimes committed by blacks against whites versus 90,717 committed by whites against blacks.

Bottom line is (at least in 2008) 80% of interracial crime was black on white.

Archived