Russell Wilson says God spoke to him right after Super Bowl interception

Montana Bengal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/06/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-right-after-super-bowl-interception/

Russell Wilson says God spoke to him right after Super Bowl interception

Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT
wilson2.jpg?w=231Getty Images

That new Russell Wilson interview, nearly a full hour in all, contains plenty of interesting things. Along with multiple examples of Wilson hearing the voice of God, directly and audibly.

The one that will get the most media attention undoubtedly comes from Wilson’s claim that God told Wilson not to have premarital relations with his new girlfriend, Ciara.

“The play happens, and they pick the ball off. And I take three steps,” Wilson said. “And on the third step God says to me, ‘I’m using you. . . . I want to see how you respond. But most importantly I want them to see how you respond.”

Plenty of athletes and non-athletes over the years have claimed to have a direct pipeline to God. For those of us who believe in God but haven’t heard Him speak in an audible voice but have felt His nudge at a more vague and visceral level, a claim that He uses actual words with others can be both confusing and a bit off-putting. For those who believe that God doesn’t care about the outcome of sporting events, a claim that He is preparing an athlete for similar situations in the future can be both confusing and off-putting.

Regardless, Wilson seems to be saying that, above the din and the chaos of the moment, he heard God say, “I want to see how you respond. But most importantly I want them to see how you respond.”

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Like God would give a shit about whom wins a game between teams chock full of millionaire athletes on some playing field. Maybe Wilson has been channeling his inner Kitna.

Said it before, saying it again: you cannot give thanks to God in an ultimately meaningless scrum when you win without blaming Him when you lose. At least be fucking consistent.

Furthermore, since the Christian God is so fond of suffering, he'd have helped the Bengals and their fans long ago if He gave a shit about it. 

Unless of course He has a plan for Jesus to come back as our QB...

:39:

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ. Like God would give a shit about whom wins a game between teams chock full of millionaire athletes on some playing field. Maybe Wilson has been channeling his inner Kitna.

Said it before, saying it again: you cannot give thanks to God in an ultimately meaningless scrum when you win without blaming Him when you lose. At least be fucking consistent.

Furthermore, since the Christian God is so fond of suffering, he'd have helped the Bengals and their fans long ago if He gave a shit about it. 

Unless of course He has a plan for Jesus to come back as our QB...

:39:

It always cracked me up when sidelines pray during a last second FG.

God: Hold on a minute, Middle East crisis. Nugent is kicking a field goal.

Archived