Burfict Runing and Cutting

Yeah he still has a long ways to go after watching the video. My guess is he still starts out on the PUP and returns half way through the season.

Agreed. Video didn't show much that should get anyone excited about anything soon. However, the fact that he's moving at all suggests to me that he cleared the main micro-fracture hurdle, and that the team now thinks it's ready for the activity stage. 

Agreed. Video didn't show much that should get anyone excited about anything soon. However, the fact that he's moving at all suggests to me that he cleared the main micro-fracture hurdle, and that the team now thinks it's ready for the activity stage. 

Exactly...

If he's just now running, he's going to have to start getting into squats and other heavy compound lifts I'm assuming he probably hasn't started yet. Going to take awhile to get his legs under him.  I would expect PUP myself since camp is 9 days away, but the recent success stories have me a lot more hopeful than I was before.

Considering I was worried that he'd ever walk right again, I'll take any amount of running/cutting as a excellent sign.  Praying for complete recovery and him returning to form at some point this year, but honestly I still have concerns/doubts.  Fingers seriously crossed since he's such a difference maker.

agreed...but this still sounds better than him standing around watching....

It does, but the concussions always concerned me more than the knee so he's still as much a question mark as he was two weeks ago AFAIC. The knee could be treated with a fair degree of confidence but frequent recurring concussions like that usually signal the end of a career.

but frequent recurring concussions like that usually signal the end of a career.

Silver lining of the knee is that he may be avoiding getting dinged in the head for 18 months.  I'm not an expert on the science but I do know that proximity is an issue with the recurring concussions. 

Silver lining of the knee is that he may be avoiding getting dinged in the head for 18 months.  I'm not an expert on the science but I do know that proximity is an issue with the recurring concussions. 

That would be nice, and I only know what I've read & seen with NFL players, but it seems like there's only so many blows to the head a body can safely absorb without getting dizzy putting on a hat. I fear Burfict's piss-poor tackling technique last season may have pushed him over that line.

That would be nice, and I only know what I've read & seen with NFL players, but it seems like there's only so many blows to the head a body can safely absorb without getting dizzy putting on a hat. I fear Burfict's piss-poor tackling technique last season may have pushed him over that line.

Last season, during these concussions, Guenther advised him to stop leading with his head so much, when making a tackle. Hopefully Burfict learns to tackle without exposing himself to further injury. It can't be easy having to adjust your tackling style after so long.

When I saw the headline I was afraid Burfict had been "running and cutting" with Justin Hunter. :rsju31uh9:

I am willing to take it slow with Burfict.  I would be fine with them putting him on PUP if they need to.  But I don't think Burfict needs to do much at all in the pre-season to get ready.  I remember a couple of years ago when Whitworth did nothing in the pre-season.  I was convinced that his knees were shot.  But he not only started every regular season game, he also had one of the best years of his career.

Last season, during these concussions, Guenther advised him to stop leading with his head so much, when making a tackle. Hopefully Burfict learns to tackle without exposing himself to further injury. It can't be easy having to adjust your tackling style after so long.

As a coach, I can assure you that EVERY coach he's ever had has advised him of this.  Let's hope he listens this time.

Archived