Goodbye and Goodluck Jermaine

Germaine Gresham signs 1 year deal with Cardinals.
I feel our TE position is now weaker. I hope the young TE's prove me wrong in the worse way.

I'm guessing the TE group will be weaker overall in the short term but that's a price I'm more than willing to pay to get better long term.

Plus, I think Eifert will prove to be a dramatically offensive weapon who will easily prove to be an upgrade over Gresham provided he can stay healthy.

Further, it seems painfully obvious the Bengals didn't trust Gresham on the field or off, thereby negating the biggest advantage a veteran player is supposed to provide. 

Nutshelled, I expect plenty of growing pains due to youth and inexperience but far less drama stemming from Jermain Gresham unique brand of mental douchebaggery.  

So short term concerns aside, if Eifert stays healthy I'm confident the Bengals have upgraded their TE group.

I'm a little mixed on this....on the one hand we are able to rid ourselves to a headcase that was infuriating with wanting to count on him.  And his time was up

But I can see a lot of negatives in this:  

---  Firstly, he is somewhat proven as a solid tight end, even if he isn't Jimmy Graham/Gronk level as tight ends.

---- Hell he has a couple of Pro Bowls in his pocket as well, even though the Pro Bowl is pretty much a popularity contest.  Regardless,  I'm sure plenty of players have seen him play.

--- As much as so many of you are trashing Palmer because he took his ball and went home,  he is the only one that know Gresham because he was the QB when we were drafted.  And we know where he is now...

--- And this is a personal thought,  I just believe that he's gonna get a reinaissance not only from Gresham, but from Palmer as well.  I have a feeling that the Cardinals actually know what and how to use a TE effectively.   When in the hell since 2003 at least one decent TE was developed and used properly??  Not to mention most of us believe that TE Hayes needs to go, and like gone 2 years ago.

Simply put, in our own way, we are gonna get fucked once again.  Another player leaves the Bengals to play elsewhere, and suddenly they are a hell of a lot better than when they were Bengals.    I wonder why that is.  ****dripping sarcasm****

Simply put, in our own way, we are gonna get fucked once again.  Another player leaves the Bengals to play elsewhere, and suddenly they are a hell of a lot better than when they were Bengals.    I wonder why that is.  ****dripping sarcasm****

Can we at least wait for it to happen before we whine about it?  It took him a LONG time to get signed for a guy in his prime years.

Can we at least wait for it to happen before we whine about it?  It took him a LONG time to get signed for a guy in his prime years.

Right..

Some people seem to think every player that we let go it all of a sudden going to figure it out and be super awesome.....and it rarely happens..

Gresh wasn't resigned for a reason/many reasons...

Just as many players get better when they come to the Bengals as when they leave.

Cedric Benson

Reggie Nelson

Wallace Gilberry

Terrence Newman

Dhani Jones

Adam Jones

Jon Kitna

Roy Williams

Manny Lawson

Thomas Howard

Tank Johnson

And lots of player play well enough here to get big free agent contracts, but then don't perform as well under other coaches

Kevin Kaesviharn

Anthony Collins

Stacy Andrews

Landon Johnson

Ochocinco

Nate Livings

Just as many players get better when they come to the Bengals as when they leave.

Cedric Benson
Reggie Nelson
Wallace Gilberry
Terrence Newman
Dhani Jones
Adam Jones
Jon Kitna
Roy Williams
Manny Lawson
Thomas Howard
Tank Johnson

And lots of player play well enough here to get big free agent contracts, but then don't perform as well under other coaches

Kevin Kaesviharn
Anthony Collins
Stacy Andrews
Landon Johnson
Ochocinco
Nate Livings

Don't forget T.J. Houshmandzedah (sp)...

Gotta love watching the exact same people who cry about "making excuses" hype up a vet that was good for at least one boneheaded false start a week.

Adam Jones and Andre Smith had more penalties than Gresh last year, AJ Green the same amount at 5.

Cedric Benson

Reggie Nelson

Wallace Gilberry

Terrence Newman

Dhani Jones

Adam Jones

Jon Kitna

Roy Williams

Manny Lawson

Thomas Howard

Tank Johnson

Kevin Kaesviharn

Anthony Collins

Stacy Andrews

Landon Johnson

Ochocinco

Nate Livings

You Forgot Bobbie Williams. Average guard in Philly, turned awesome here,

Gresham's got highlighted more because they occured on pivotal plays more often.

Do you have actual facts to back this up or is that just Gresham hate? He had 3 false starts all season. What game can you point to that his mistake was the critical point of the game? I can think of fumbles and ints that were back breakers NOT involving Gresh. Glad he is gone but he wasn't horrible.

Archived