Bernie Sanders

Tigers Johnson

The Democratic/Republican platforms & what those parties represent in general has changed in the past, if indeed they've truly been consistent at all.  Up until the last 30-40 years the Republicans were the civil rights party, for example.

What I hope we're seeing is the beginning of the end of our 2-party sock puppet theater politics.  At the very least I think it's obvious neither of our current ones are consistently any one thing, particularly when describing things in terms of left vs right.  Experience has taught me that's a false dichotomy if ever there was one, that Red & Blue bickering when pressed is truly more of the old Me (& mine) vs. Other.. so it's no surprise to see the RNC/DNC as inflexible monoliths falling victim to their own mistakes & inertia, offering two candidates battling over who is the most despised.

Point being I think people are ready for any moderate voice in the mix & also that this voice will likely need to come from a new or drastically, publicly reformed party without all the baggage they've accumulated (including Green & Libertarian in that mix).

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-finally-throws-his-support-behind-clinton/2016/07/12/c170379c-4833-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_clinton-1133a-lede%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Bernie Sanders threw his support behind presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton at a rally here Tuesday, more than a month after Clinton effectively clinched the nomination.

“Secretary Clinton has won the Democratic nominating process, and I congratulate her for that, Sanders said. “She will be the Democratic nominee for president and I intend to do everything I can to make certain she will be the next president of the United States,” the senator from Vermont said in this battleground state, where Sanders and Clinton appeared side by side before a boisterous crowd.

Though both Clinton and Sanders stressed Democratic unity during a joint rally in a packed high school gym, much remains unknown about how — and whether — the political marriage unveiled Tuesday will actually work. And signs of lingering tension within the party remained as supporters clashed and a police officer intervened to mediate a dispute in the bleachers.

• 5 months later...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sanders-uses-oversized-trump-tweet-as-floor-prop/ar-BBxU07Y?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) brought an oversized printout of a Donald Trump tweet onto the Senate floor Wednesday.

The former Democratic presidential candidate used the prop as a reference as he called on the president-elect to either veto any legislation to cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security or admit that he "lied" to the American people.

"Let me quote somebody who I suspect I will not often be quoting," Sanders said while speaking about planned GOP changes to ObamaCare.

Archived