Bernie Sanders

Tigers Johnson

Those of you planning to vote for Bernie, PLEASE just move to Denmark instead.

Bernie in debate: "The US should be more like Denmark.

12033054_1069268939780538_4163175961428191803_n.jpg

That's like a Reds fan saying they should be more like the Cardinals and you telling them to move to St Louis.

And then pointing out the problems the city of St Louis has.

There now follows a short ramble :

As someone who lives in a free education/free healthcare country, yeah some things are expensive but it's all relative. Nay-sayers look at their cheap products and laugh at our cost-of-living, but the money we'd otherwise spend on a trip to hospital is what goes towards those expensive products. The money has to go somewhere. You can't compare Denmark's suicide rate to anyone else unless you wish to also compare America's school shootings to anyone else. Or police violence. Or military spending. All I know is that without the free healthcare of the UK (and we all know nothing is free, but it's free to low-income people of which I am one) I would be dead. 100%.

The idea that you have to fuck the poor and needy to maintain murrican ideals is such bullshit. The idea you need arms because "mah 2nd amendment bah gawd" is even stupider. Ask the Iraqi's how well stopping the US Government doing what they want went.

How anyone can, in the modern world where we are a single human race, vote for the isolationist fear-mongering that is the republicans is beyond me. There is a reason that the east and west coasts are blue states and the centre is red. It's because the east and west realise there is a whole world out there and the middle-america bible-thumping, maw get muh gun mentality is as antiquated as charging destitute people money they cannot afford to visit the doctor.

Those of you planning to vote for Bernie, PLEASE just move to Denmark instead.

Bernie in debate: "The US should be more like Denmark.

12033054_1069268939780538_4163175961428191803_n.jpg

By the way your meme is veritably false. 

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Denmark

A gallon of gas is 41 krone on average, which translates to 5.98 US Dollars a gallon (something we were not that far from a while back) and here is the thing, most people dont pay that because most people use public transit which reduces the costs due to the number of people sharing that cost, because their public transit system is SO MUCH BETTER than ours. 

Ask the Iraqi's how well stopping the US Government doing what they want went.

You mean drawing us into a decade-plus of counterinsurgency warfare that's damn near bankrupted us & cost the lives of thousands before we gave up and left?  Now ISIS has taken over half the country armed primarily with cheaper, shittier versions of the kind of rifle that people want to ban.

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but thought I should point out that Iraq is not the best example of the futility of small arms.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way your meme is veritably false. 

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Denmark

A gallon of gas is 41 krone on average, which translates to 5.98 US Dollars a gallon (something we were not that far from a while back) and here is the thing, most people dont pay that because most people use public transit which reduces the costs due to the number of people sharing that cost, because their public transit system is SO MUCH BETTER than ours. 

What is this "public transit" you speak of?  We do have some sort of bus system in case you want to turn a 15 minute trip into 3 hours of urine smells & petty criminal acts.

Bernie scares me more. The death of small towns and the middle class that lives in those small towns. Public transportation is bs. Not everyone lives in a big city, and not everyone wants to.

Trump would be alright if he didn't push things a little too far. Illegal immigration should be taken care of by cracking down on employers that hire them. But his ideas of lower corporate taxes and universal healthcare are nice.

Bernie, it's like he's throwing a bunch of darts blindfolded, and see which one sticks. All with the idea that these things may work in other countries. Guess what, we're not other countries.

• 3 weeks later...

Bernie scares me more. The death of small towns and the middle class that lives in those small towns. Public transportation is bs. Not everyone lives in a big city, and not everyone wants to.

Trump would be alright if he didn't push things a little too far. Illegal immigration should be taken care of by cracking down on employers that hire them. But his ideas of lower corporate taxes and universal healthcare are nice.

Bernie, it's like he's throwing a bunch of darts blindfolded, and see which one sticks. All with the idea that these things may work in other countries. Guess what, we're not other countries.

Not everyone lives in a big city, I don't myself.  Not everyone drives across the Brent Spence so may as well let it fall into the river. Not everyone was in the military either so I guess we should shutter the VA.  Might as well clear cut Yellowstone since not everyone can walk a mile. WTF kind of logic is that?

You want to talk fear? Trump is a fucking fascist inciting mobs of brownshirts. Godwin's Law gets invoked around here way too often but Trump is seriously pulling from that playbook. Our largest corporations don't pay taxes now and.. I mean, WTF? Are you CEO of Morgan Stanley or some shit? How does that benefit you outside of some faded Reagonmic trickle-down nonsense that died a slow death 20 years ago? I honestly fear for this nation if Trump gets elected.  The fact we're even discussing the possibility is sad enough.

I don't think Bernie is the messiah, I seriously doubt his ability to do half of what he's talking about. He's not a Clinton & he's not a enormous racist fucking jingoistic wannabe-dictator douchebag, though.  I'll take that.

Archived