Regarding Spam on the Board ( and racist crap)

Montana Bengal

To Quote Numbers in the now hidden thread....

This is the J&D forum and has a certain amount of leeway.  However, we don't support spam in any form.

For further information please reread the ONLY mandatory read on this entire site : http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/70187-read-before-you-post-this-is-a-requirement-before-registering-or-posting-to-the-site/

Either cease the BS or we'll be forced to serve up some creative punishment.

Edited by Montana Bengal

Technically, for it to be spam he would have to be posting that tripe all over the place; he's at least keeping it confined to that one thread.

That said, I do believe he is guilty of baiting and trolling, and posts that shit for no other reason that to get people's goats. His profile location says "Living inside your head", so it's pretty fucking obvious what he's doing...

Wow - deleted the thread because it rubbed the left the wrong way.

Weak.

it wasnt deleted because it rubbed people the wrong way (and for you of all people who once offered to pay the sites fees for a month so I would get banned...makes this post incredibly laughable you hypocrite) it was hidden because it has amounted to lets post the latest chain email that comes my way. It would be one thing if it was funny, it really isnt even funny. 

I guess political humor does not fly here.

If the issue were truly "racist" posts, then I suspect such postings would be deleted, and a warning issued to my person.

Instead, the entire thread is deleted? I could understand some kind of move if I were in a thread constantly attacking a poster(s), as some of the fine members here did, but that was not the case. Deleting it under the guise it was "racist" is a weak ruse that people can see through, but since it is not my board, guess what?

It is not my call.

I am surprised that the admins took action against the thread, but not me. Thus the issue was the thread, and not the posts or the poster.

All I know with 100% certainty is that even if this site is funded by the Clinton's, it is not run by Hillary!

Wow - deleted the thread because it rubbed the left the wrong way.

Weak.

It's interesting & informative that we've reached a point where it only takes not being ok with cheap racist/antisemitic jokes to make one a leftist.

Hint: This is why more and more people view the American right wing as a refuge for angry old bigots.

• Upvote 3

I guess political humor does not fly here.

What you posted was only one of those things and that is me being generous.

For example:

All I know with 100% certainty is that even if this site is funded by the Clinton's, it is not run by Hillary!

While mentioning a Presidential candidate is by nature political, for me to find the humor in that statement would first require that it make some kind of fucking sense, which it does not.   I guess it's just too edgy for me to get.

Edited by T-Dub

1) You are right - it isn't your call

2) What got us looking at your 'thread o' crap' was that your racist post was reported.  Truthfully you and the thread should have probably been cut off much sooner.

3)  It is much easier to HIDE (not delete) the thread than wade through 17 pages of BS.  

4)  If you are looking for another site where you can post that drivel, I'm sure you can find one that would fit your needs better than this one.

5)  Consider this (or Numbers quote in the first post) your warning.  

• Upvote 3

2) What got us looking at your 'thread o' crap' was that your racist post was reported.  Truthfully you and the thread should have probably been cut off much sooner.

3)  It is much easier to HIDE (not delete) the thread than wade through 17 pages of BS.  

4)  If you are looking for another site where you can post that drivel, I'm sure you can find one that would fit your needs better than this one.

Just to emphasize, for the record, nothing was deleted, it was simply removed from view of the general populace. The thread in it's entirety or in whatever edited form the mods and admins see fit could potentially be re-instated or it may simply remain hidden forever.

This is an ongoing conversation and anyone who feels strongly about it has the opportunity to make their voices heard and appeal to higher powers if need be. Which is why we don't delete threads. Nothing that cannot be undone, or gone back and done differently has happened.

Edited by Lucid

Thanks for the warning...

• 2 years later...