!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ BUCS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

McCoy never owned Zeitler like that last year.  Not Good!

Line is a unit.    As individual athletes a majority of D-linemen would whoop their Offensive line counter parst.      That right side needs some fine tuning before the season.

Unimpressed with McCarron...  Maybe he'll do more in the next two weeks, but he was completely unable to push the ball down the field.  That's not good.  If he played for anybody else, I might label him 'A poor man's Andy Dalton'.

The first interception was a flukey once-a-season type thing.  Hopefully it's outta A.J. Green's system now.

I have absolutely no idea why Domata Peko will make the team again this year.  I only know that he will.  Sigh...

After two preseason games, I think Josh Shaw is the best of an EXCELLENT class of rookies.  Dawson, Hardison, DeShawn Williams, and Derron Smith all look really good.

Chris Carter should be on this team. For one, he does something that no other linebacker on this team can.  And, two, none of the other backers do what THEY do well enough to justify keeping Carter off the roster.

What the fuck was Kevin Zeitler doing last night?  I'm going to assume that 'not game planning' for a preseason game explains it.  

Agree with everything, except AJ McCarron.  Thought he did ok for his first game.

Well, what worries me more are the 2 hospital passes Andy threw to Eifert.  Luckily, the first one went 4 feet over his head and was intercepted.  If that pass was on target, Eifert would have been lit the fuck up by some no name safety trying to make an NFL roster.

The second one forced Tyler up in the air so said no name defender was able to blow him up.  

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-preseason-football-drives-817076

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/hall-of-fame-game-generates-big-tv-ratings/

A couple of links.   People watch football.   That's why the NFL preseason will never go away without an equal or greater TV event created.   Same with pro bowl. 

Bengals laid another egg on prime time television and right or wrong their narrative "choke" will grow among the National football fans and the dead beat portion of "Bengal Fans" in this market.

Bengals getting roasted on National Radio this morning.      Pre-season football may be boring compared to regular season football but that doesn't mean people don't watch.

I think the Hall of Fame game out drew some of the NBA final or conference final games.    Same with the Pro Bowl.   

People complain about the quality of preseason and pro bowl games but the events and the pre/post game shows draw viewers.  

What do National Media Hacks have to talk about on a Tuesday morning in late August? Alleged prime-time NFL games in even the scrimmage portion of the year will draw their mid-season blah-blah's, and the low information listeners/watchers will take it as seriously as they do in November. And the Stealer rabble will watch or listen to anything so long as it contains black/gold blah-blah's. 

Didn't watch it, care less about it today than I did yesterday--which was nothing at all. They got out of town intact, the only important thing that matters at this juncture.  

Unimpressed with McCarron...  Maybe he'll do more in the next two weeks, but he was completely unable to push the ball down the field.  That's not good.  If he played for anybody else, I might label him 'A poor man's Andy Dalton'.

Why the fuck would you push it down the field when the Defense is back playing a prevent defense?  At least McCarron had the sense not to throw into double coverage and turn the ball over...unlike some of our other QB's.

Well, what worries me more are the 2 hospital passes Andy threw to Eifert.  Luckily, the first one went 4 feet over his head and was intercepted.  If that pass was on target, Eifert would have been lit the fuck up by some no name safety trying to make an NFL roster.

The second one forced Tyler up in the air so said no name defender was able to blow him up.  

He's gonna get Eifert and others killed. 

As the throws go longer his command gets weaker and I would guess he has 0 confidence in himself to make throws down the hash consistently. 

Just wait until year 8 when he will finally put everything together and be the super bestest QB in the NFL!!!  But until year 8, it's hard to judge a QB.  So please hold off judgement.  

However, 1 throw from McCarron is all I need to know he's never going to be the answer.  Yes, 1 throw is all that was needed to determine this.  But Dalton, give him 8 yrs or so.  Then and only then can we decide.  

Just wait until year 8 when he will finally put everything together and be the super bestest QB in the NFL!!!  But until year 8, it's hard to judge a QB.  So please hold off judgement.  

However, 1 throw from McCarron is all I need to know he's never going to be the answer.  Yes, 1 throw is all that was needed to determine this.  But Dalton, give him 8 yrs or so.  Then and only then can we decide.  

1 throw and his last game action throw was from the Sugar Bowl in 2014.  That's all I needed to see.    BUST! 

Dalton's accuracy was terrible last night. He had a couple of throws toward the sideline that were comical. On one we were saved from another interception by the throw being so bad, but the ball was 5 yards from the receiver. 

Whether or not anyone was watching is meaningless.  Our starters looked horrible plain and simple.  Even running a vanilla offense our line shouldn't be dominated particularly by Tampa Bay and out defense got abused.  Also, as good as Dre can look, he is still biting on the double moves and got SMOKED for an easy TD yesterday.  Good thing that can be fixed.

Whether or not anyone was watching is meaningless.  Our starters looked horrible plain and simple.  Even running a vanilla offense our line shouldn't be dominated particularly by Tampa Bay and out defense got abused.  Also, as good as Dre can look, he is still biting on the double moves and got SMOKED for an easy TD yesterday.  Good thing that can be fixed.

I noticed that too.  I think Kirkpatrick can be over aggressive at times where his lack of hip fluidity can get him out of position in time to recover.

Then why is it still happening?  He's not a rookie, or even a second year player anymore.

Then why is it still happening?  He's not a rookie, or even a second year player anymore.

He's a ball hawk.     How do you think the double move even came into existence?   It's main purpose in the playbook is to take advantage of CBs that want to jump underneath routes.

Rob Woodson was a Hall of Fame player and Darnay Scott and Jeff Blake would set him up all the time.   However, he'd win more battles than he lost in those match ups.

This made me laugh me ass off!:24:

Welcome back Khat!  There must be a Dalton Haters meeting going on, since we never see you when things are good!

This may have been covered already, but the two players that stood out in the positive for Cin were Wilder and Dawson. 

My God,  Dawson even looks like Tez,   his ability to navigate through trash and meet a ball carrier at the designed hole was fantastic.

Wilder made two great ST plays in addition to showing that he is an instinctive ball carrier and has all the speed and agility while being bigger and stronger than Ced.   I'm ready to move on from our ST captain, Wilder has shown he's got what it takes to be everything ST and more.

This may have been covered already, but the two players that stood out in the positive for Cin were Wilder and Dawson. 

My God,  Dawson even looks like Tez,   his ability to navigate through trash and meet a ball carrier at the designed hole was fantastic.

Wilder made two great ST plays in addition to showing that he is an instinctive ball carrier and has all the speed and agility while being bigger and stronger than Ced.   I'm ready to move on from our ST captain, Wilder has shown he's got what it takes to be everything ST and more.

I'd have to agree.  Dawson may be the second best LB on the team by the end of the season, and Wilder runs like Eddie George on O, and hits like a LB on teams.

Archived