Appeals court upholds order that holdout Kentucky clerk issue marriage licences to gay couples

Go Skins

I just had that discussion with someone I know last night. He's more a hate the federal gubmint libertarian rather than an Obama racist hater though.

Told him its high time we treat these guys like Daniel Shay. He for some odd reason wanted that as he expects that it would push people to support them.

(The dude has little idea of how his government works tbh, I mean he questioned the legal authority and asked for case law that said a Governer could order county clerks to do their job, said that was the role of the State's Chief Justice)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/09/14/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-returns-work/72242438/

LOUISVILLE — In returning to work Monday, Kim Davis, the embattled Kentucky county clerk at the center of the dispute over gay marriage and religious liberty, indicated that she will not interfere with any deputy clerk who issues marriage licenses, but said she will not personally issue or authorize any of the forms.

"If any of them feels that they must issue an unauthorized license to avoid being thrown in jail, I understand their tough choice and I will take no action against them," Davis said in a statement outside the courthouse.

"However, any unauthorized license they issue will not have my name, my title or my authority on it," she said. "Instead, the license will state that they are issued pursuant to a federal court order."

Davis said she has "great doubts" that licenses issued under these conditions are even valid.

Davis took several days off to spend with family after her high-profile release from the Carter County Detention Center last week.

Archived