The Bengals Insider Ghetto...

LostInDaJungle

I thought I'd set up a thread for the Bengals Insiders refugees.

Without going into details, our small forgotten community got remembered one day leaving a bunch of guys who talked football for a decade together homeless.

I'm still LostInDaJungle... If you have an alter ego on the BI boards, let us know who you are.

VwfXHn1qUCmIPHPkA8dB6RA-shtgWccY7m_cqn4Y

Checking in. I know I didn't post a lot on BI, but I knew you guys had a community so I gradually tried to insert myself. Much like in any situation in life, one needs to wait to be welcomed in and not just try to force his/her way in. I hate that I have to start all over, but I'd rather do that than feel like I'm not free to post my opinions on any topic posted. I hope this community doesn't mind people who tell it the way they see it even if it's negative. I've been through the 90's, so I feel like I've earned the right to say what I think about my team.

There are guidelines to follow here which are posted on the main page.

The opinions here vary depending upon the Bengals season, team, QB, type of fans, tailgate parties, etc...

The one thing that gets alot of people in trouble is attacking the poster and not the post. Attack the post not the poster.

Welcome aboard. This place is owned by a Bengals fan. This place is moderated by Bengals fans. It was built upon immigrants from other boards and you guys just jump in to any and all conversations. If you have any issues feel free to message one of the mods .

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Checking in. I know I didn't post a lot on BI, but I knew you guys had a community so I gradually tried to insert myself. Much like in any situation in life, one needs to wait to be welcomed in and not just try to force his/her way in. I hate that I have to start all over, but I'd rather do that than feel like I'm not free to post my opinions on any topic posted. I hope this community doesn't mind people who tell it the way they see it even if it's negative. I've been through the 90's, so I feel like I've earned the right to say what I think about my team.

Welcome from me, too.  Not around as many of the others and have only met one, personally, and that was a long time ago.  A lot of guys here seem to know one another from off the board, too... tailgates, etc., which I think is great.  And not only the process of gradually inserting yourself into the community but all boards seem to have something akin to an initiation process, at least imho. Don't take anything personal and sometimes consider the source.

But... glad you and the others are here and if you choose to remain cloaked in the lurk mode until you can tell who's whom and the players without a scorecard, that's peachy, too.

Sent from my Radio Shack Tandy 2000 using Hillary Clinton's e mail account

Welcome from me, too.  Not around as many of the others and have only met one, personally, and that was a long time ago.  A lot of guys here seem to know one another from off the board, too... tailgates, etc., which I think is great.  And not only the process of gradually inserting yourself into the community but all boards seem to have something akin to an initiation process, at least imho. Don't take anything personal and sometimes consider the source.

But... glad you and the others are here and if you choose to remain cloaked in the lurk mode until you can tell who's whom and the players without a scorecard, that's peachy, too.

Sent from my Radio Shack Tandy 2000 using Hillary Clinton's e mail account

:biglaugh:

Speaking of Ghetto...where's Ghetto? Good to see some of the boys here. Z, Lost, Rule, Double D. Great contributors. Hopefully Ghetto, Pity, Jersey and some of the others head this way too. I have a bad feeling Jersey was banned from BI before he got the message. Apparently humor is not part of the new administrations mandate over there. A writer quit because of what he said?!? Bananas. Anyway, thanks for the welcome folks. Hopefully our crew will make a good addition to the board.

Speaking of Ghetto...where's Ghetto? Good to see some of the boys here. Z, Lost, Rule, Double D. Great contributors. Hopefully Ghetto, Pity, Jersey and some of the others head this way too. I have a bad feeling Jersey was banned from BI before he got the message. Apparently humor is not part of the new administrations mandate over there. A writer quit because of what he said?!? Bananas. Anyway, thanks for the welcome folks. Hopefully our crew will make a good addition to the board.

I've approved quite a few members yesterday and today, and there is one who hasn't responded to the registration email yet.

Appreciate it BFITO. Apparently asking why they deleted a post isn't part of BI anymore either. They banned me because I asked why they deleted Lost's post announcing after 10+ years he was leaving. In that thread, Zera asked for opinions about the site, and I responded by saying I didn't know who "thepublisher" is but threads like "who's your favorite Bengal" and "who will get injured" were of no relevance. Then the thread disappeared so I started a thread asking why. Next thing I know, my access to BI was revoked. Then "thepublisher" posts a thread saying people were attacking others and sending threatening emails that "forced their hand." I did no such thing, but good riddance. This site seems cool, and I'm glad I'm here. I just have to wait out my newb status.

Oooohhhh..... The plot thickens...

Barry McBride sent me a PM asking me to come back... But I'm still banned from the site. :huh: Kinda hard for me to come back when the door is still locked, no?

I told him he was the kinda guy who just sat there and laughed while Pepe LePew tried to rape that cat and he should be ashamed of himself. I for one am happy to be on a website that was designed AFTER Bill Clinton left office.

"Before this gets misread... I'm not demanding an apology. I don't even guarantee a full mea culpa is going to get people to come back. You've P.O.ed a lot of people, some even more so than me. If the majority of the group is somewhere else, I'll be there with them. I'm just trying to help you grasp just how angry those members are. The fact that this missive does not contain the words "sorry" or "apologize" is not a good start. A person who cannot comes to grips with the severity of their transgressions is far more likely to repeat them."

They banned you for that Double D?!? Wow! Jersey got banned for sure then. I saw Hale is here now too. So is Rangler. Good stuff. A few more of the boys and we got ourselves a party. 

Yeah. When I log in it says "Your access to this site's forums is revoked."

Thepublisher also posted a thread which was deleted that said they know BI is full of anti homers but they want to attract homers because they are better for the site. Said us anti homers were keeping everyone away. So I guess my banning was a combo of asking why they deleted lost's thread, saying thepublisher posts dumb threads, and not being a homer.

Now we just need Junglegal to reemerge.

D-Dub - You are unbanned. Umm... Yay?

If any other regulars have had their accounts banned and you want them back, let me know. I have the keys.

Still very happy to be here. I can't honestly say that the situation over there is at all resolved, but there's at least one decent Browns fan in this world.

banned.png

Thanks if you had something to do with that. Unbanned ... is that a word? I guess not, got red underline. How about debanned? Nope red line for that too.

You know what, F them. I kind of like it here. I may check in over there, but I like the discussion here. Few curmudgeons make it a nice balance. Plus, I feel like they made a nice effort to welcome me here, and I appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo I'm here too boys... turns out I joined this forum in 2004 and posted once in 2005 to share all the screen caps I took of the Simpsons episode where Homer had "Go Bengals" painted on his chest, go figure.

It's a shame about BI, we had good times there (at least I did).  I missed the whole debacle with you, Lost, I was on vacation - I just caught the aftermath.  I haven't posted much there in quite some time but I was checking it almost every day.  All those annoying "homer-bait" posts by that publisher guy started out lame and ended up tiresome and frankly not worth sifting through.  Here's to a new era.

:kumbaya:

• 1 month later...

Archived