Sign Phil Taylor and release Peko

I think Phil Taylor could be a great DT in a 4-3 and Peko is on the downside of his career. I know it wont happen because the coaches and front office refuse to see the light when a veteran is finished. Peko gets pushed around so easily in the run game and offers nothing in the pass rush. Phil Taylor is still very young and might be out for revenge for the Browns cutting him. Easy decision in my book. Heck if it was up to me Id cut Peko even if we didnt sign Taylor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I think Phil Taylor could be a great DT in a 4-3 and Peko is on the downside of his career. I know it wont happen because the coaches and front office refuse to see the light when a veteran is finished. Peko gets pushed around so easily in the run game and offers nothing in the pass rush. Phil Taylor is still very young and might be out for revenge for the Browns cutting him. Easy decision in my book. Heck if it was up to me Id cut Peko even if we didnt sign Taylor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

the brown cut him because Danny Shelton has out played him though out most of the preseason .

Let's have a look at our Hater Magnet of the Week and see if we can't shed some light on what a 4-3 Nose Tackle does and why Peko does not, in fact, suck.

Chicago goes shotgun with 4 WR, but it's 3rd & 2 and should fool no one.

snap.thumb.jpg.26e40dfe416d204b71238d1ce

And there's your boy, drawing the double team again, ho-hum.  It's how an OL plays you when you suck.  Rey One & Two have it read.

snap2.thumb.jpg.e643df30eceb13b7e9e88110

The combined efforts of ~600lbs of human budge Peko about a yard. OMFGF! It's like he's on LOLLERSK8s!!1  #74 grabs Rey One or it's over.

snap3.thumb.jpg.a4cd25e9a5182403c0a376ff

Rey Two helps with the double team & Peko comes free to make the tackle.  The Bears just manage to convert but the drive later stalls after our old pal #74 grabs Maualuga again & gets called for holding.

snap4.thumb.jpg.d77fa594d2a6f9fb18761312

I would suggest that the biggest problem with Peko is that we don't have another dependable NT on the roster, let alone one who brings this to a meaningless preseason game, so it seems to me cutting him would be pretty fucking dumb.  

In conclusion, haters gonna hate 

:smoke:

and I leave you with this:

Archived