Thursday Night Football.... Go Pats!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the record, here are my favorite teams this week:

1. Cincinnati (over Oakland)
  2. New England (because of the "who is Pittsburgh playing?" rule)
  3. NY Giants (over Dallas) (Because if not for them, cheaters would have 6 rings and an undefeated season.)
  4. Denver (because of the "who is Baltimore playing?" rule)
  5. NY Jets (because of the "who is Cleveland playing?" rule)

In case of a conflict (there is none this week, btw), higher teams are preferred over lower teams.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the record, here are my favorite teams this week:

1. Cincinnati (over Oakland)
  2. New England (because of the "who is Pittsburgh playing?" rule)
  3. NY Giants (over Dallas) (Because if not for them, cheaters would have 6 rings and an undefeated season.)
  4. Denver (because of the "who is Baltimore playing?" rule)
  5. NY Jets (because of the "who is Cleveland playing?" rule)

In case of a conflict (there is none this week, btw), higher teams are preferred over lower teams.

This needs to be a weekly thread...thanks.

Early season football is horrible.    This weekend you will see bad tackling everywhere.   Bad pursuit angles and bad leverage in the run game.

Especially on the defense side.       I would seriously hope the Players Union and Management could compromise on Goodell's power for an exchange of more practice time and changes to injury rules.   

Coaches are so concerned with losing star players in preseason that all they do is basically play flag football.    It shows big time in the first couple weeks of September.

Eventually this will be the norm and the level of play will trumpeted as "great".   In reality the popularity of the sport is driven by social gatherings and gambling.     Quality of play in the early season has suffered big time.

Watching Brown wrestle for that catch I couldn't help but think of the AJ Green contract stalemate.

I'm going to go ahead and put it on record that I think he's a little overrated by most Bengals fans.

More than a little. He could easily be the best current WR, but his effort level doesn't match his talent level or anywhere close.

Biggest complaint of current Bengals WRs (all of them) is that none of them attack a ball and save a QB. You look around the league at other elite WRs like AB, Jordy, DT, Dez, Julio and others and they all fight for the ball and do their QB favors even when the QB is the one who screwed up. I feel like AJs attacking the ball disappeared after he hurt his knee vs Pitt in the endzone forever ago. He runs weak slants, doesn't go up for nearly as many jump balls and waits for the ball to come to him instead of going to it and securing the reception.

The production accumulated in the 11 games AJ played in 2014 would have been good enough for 1,500 yards.

After the Cleveland meltdown with a QB that was rated 2.   AJ put the offense on his back gaining 529 yards in 4 games with 3 TDs.  

It wasn't effort that slowed AJ it was injury.        He missed 5 games.    Before his 529 yard dismantling of defenses he was targeted a total 6 times in 2 games prior due to recovery.

I'd call that saving a QB. 

Don't bother Scharm. AJ is supposed to be a 100 on Madden always bailing out his shitty QB type of WR. Sacrifice your body every snap because your 100 million dollar QB can't put a ball between the numbers to save his fucking life. He's supposed to turn into a literal superhuman while dealing with a nagging injury all season.

listen to yourself t-dub. AJ is so far removed from even being considered a goddamn issue on this squad you should be ashamed for even saying some silly shit like that

Don't bother Scharm. AJ is supposed to be a 100 on Madden always bailing out his shitty QB type of WR. Sacrifice your body every snap because your 100 million dollar QB can't put a ball between the numbers to save his fucking life. He's supposed to turn into a literal superhuman while dealing with a nagging injury all season.

listen to yourself t-dub. AJ is so far removed from even being considered a goddamn issue on this squad you should be ashamed for even saying some silly shit like that

It's rationalization.    They know we are stuck with Dalton and they know what he is.    To formulate any kind of rational thought of how this team can improve,  AJ must become an 1,800 yard receiver and if he isn't then he's not running routes appropriately or attacking balls or whatever.

At the end of the day.    Last year Bengals got their ass whooped by Cleveland and faced 3 straight road games then Pittsburgh.   529 yards.    Anybody complaining about AJ's effort is a fool. 

Archived