!!!OFFICIAL BENGALS @ RAIDERS GAME THREAD!!!

I'm happy for you that you are completely satisfied with a team that hasnt won a playoff game in nearly 30 years, but personally I hope for greatness. I want a dominant team that completely and utterly destroys every team that comes into their path- and doesnt let up for the last 15 minutes of games. I'm not sorry whatsoever for that. Just two different mindsets and personalities like in life- some people are happy where they are and with what they are doing and never push themselves to have maximum success, and some people always want to be the best and never accept any form of failure, no matter how slight. Its the kind of thing that makes one person successful in business and finances, and another person struggle way more than he should.

Wow dude, you can't even enjoy a blowout victory?  I feel sad for you.  LOL business and finances post.  It's a football game.

AJ's got to work on his focus.  Seems aloof almost at times and the drops....when will they stop happening?!?   Otherwise, aside from Dalton not getting hurt injured, everything went very well this game.   I don't mind the unsportsmanlike penalties....it was the first game of the year, they're crazy jacked up on elevated hormone levels.  Can't keep happening though, and I don't think they will.  

A- performance.  

Wow dude, you can't even enjoy a blowout victory?  I feel sad for you.  LOL business and finances post.  It's a football game.

IMHO everyone should take advantage of the opportunity to make fun of the sad sacks who so often make this board a miserable place.

Simply put, fuck those guys whose names need not be mentioned.

Perspective:

I believe the biggest spread in Week 1 was 7 points.     The Bengals prevented the Raiders from taking a snap past the 50 until the 4th QTR and won by 20.

ON THE ROAD.   

As much as the winless playoff streak sucks that wasn't going to change yesterday regardless.   Be thankful they got a win which is one small step towards earning a chance to stop the streak this year.

Oh by the way the Bengals had never won there and I think the last visit to Oakland they lost as a favorite.    Business like and dominating performance you want to see from a talented team going against a rebuilding lost in the woods franchise.

Very similar to Marvin's first home opener vs. Denver in 2003.  

The lack of ability to keep their foot on the throat of the Raiders is pretty annoying.

Just once I would like to have a team with a bully/killer mindset. Just dominate the fuck out of everyone as much as humanly possible.

Wow. I didn't see that coming. I was expecting people to be trivializing it and saying that they need to do that in a big game.  Poor Andy. None of these games are going to count.

Wow. I didn't see that coming. I was expecting people to be trivializing it and saying that they need to do that in a big game.  Poor Andy. None of these games are going to count.

Yup, another way to phrase that is that, with the "I won't be happy until I see Andy win a playoff game" logic,  some people are actually going to suffer through glorious beat-downs like yesterday.  In other words, some people are going to be miserable for the next 16 weeks, at which point they may or not be miserable for a heartbeat before the season ends. 

Makes you wonder why they'd even tune in in the meantime, or, for that matter, why they even watch football at all. 

If people like me and with my mindset weren't around, this country would be full of fast food workers and almost nothing else.

Its a shame you think wanting greatness is a bad thing. Bet your lot in life isnt top notch.

Stop with this nonsense.

You wanna be critical of the game that's fine, but this other stuff is so moronic I dont even know where to start.

QFT

Here's what I know.

Leepu got angry when I wrote about sad sacks who so often make this board a miserable place.

I didn't mention him or anyone else by name, but he still took offense....probably because he thinks he fits the profile.

Who am I to disagree?

That said, he's hardly the only sad sack around here and it's unfair to assume I was writing about him.

Wonder where we will be in next week's Power Rankings compared to Pittsburgh and Baltimore?

:ph34r:

We should be #5, based on my own math:

1: New England (1-0) 1292 pts [LW=1]
2: Denver (1-0) 1278 [3]
3: Green Bay (1-0) 1189 [5]
4: Seattle (0-1) 1150 [2]
5: CINCINNATI (1-0) 1126 [7]
6: Dallas (1-0) 1119 [8]
7: Arizona (1-0) 1118 [10]
8: Baltimore (0-1) 1106 [6]
9: Indianapolis (0-1) 1105 [4]
10: San Diego (1-0) 1087 [13]

San Francisco with a win would move into 6th with 1125 points, bumping Dallas (and everyone below them) down a spot.  Nobody else playing tonight can finish above San Diego's 1087 points, so that would be the only thing that might change the top 10.

I'll post the entire rankings after tonight's games.

We should be #5, based on my own math:

1: New England (1-0) 1292 pts [LW=1]
2: Denver (1-0) 1278 [3]
3: Green Bay (1-0) 1189 [5]
4: Seattle (0-1) 1150 [2]
5: CINCINNATI (1-0) 1126 [7]
6: Dallas (1-0) 1119 [8]
7: Arizona (1-0) 1118 [10]
8: Baltimore (0-1) 1106 [6]
9: Indianapolis (0-1) 1105 [4]
10: San Diego (1-0) 1087 [13]

San Francisco with a win would move into 6th with 1125 points, bumping Dallas (and everyone below them) down a spot.  Nobody else playing tonight can finish above San Diego's 1087 points, so that would be the only thing that might change the top 10.

I'll post the entire rankings after tonight's games.

tyvm

yo.gif

Thanks, Amish. 

And yeah we know they've got to do it in the playoffs. But.....what the fuck does that have to do with today? Lol the season has started. We can talk about and look forward to the current games. And at least nothing we saw last night indicated any glaring holes that may arise in the playoffs. 

BTW, here were the preseason rankings coming into Week 1

1: NEP    1282
2: SEA    1278
3: DEN    1252
4: IND    1207
5: GBP    1188
6: BAL    1132
7: CIN    1125
8: DAL    1118
9: SFF    1115
10: ARI    1083
10: PIT    1083
12: CAR    1060
13: SDC    1045
14: PHI    1040
15: KCC    1023
16: NOS    1010
17: DET    1005
18: MIA    968
19: HOU    952
20: BUF    945
21: CHI    922
22: MIN    915
23: ATL    893
24: STL    890
25: NYG    865
25: NYJ    865
27: CLE    845
27: WAS    845
29: TEN    812
30: TBB    762
31: OAK    752
32: JAX    723

Initial rating is based on a 3-2-1 weighted average over the past three seasons, where each teams' value for a given season is based on their final placement in the overall league standings.  Superbowl champ is 1st, runner-up is 2nd, remaining 30 teams ranked by total # of wins (regular season + playoffs, first round bye is counted as a win if applicable).  1310 points for 1st, 1290 points for 2nd, and so forth, down to 690 for 32nd.  Overall league average is 1000.

Example: In 2012, Cincinnati earned 1100 points for finishing tied for 10th-13th with Chicago, Minnesota and Washington.  In 2013, 1160 points for an 8th-9th tie with Kansas City.  In 2014, 1110 points for finishing alone in 11th.  3-2-1 weights applied to 1110-1160-1100 is 1125, good enough for 7th place league-wide.

During the season, points are earned/lost based on wins and losses and the difference in rating points between the two teams playing.  Cincy earned only 1 point for beating 31st-ranked Oakland, but would've dropped 125 had they been upset.  The biggest losers this week were Seattle (-128 points) and Indianapolis (-102 points), with St Louis (+128) and Buffalo (+102) picking up those points.

Archived