New extra point distance

No Im not saying this because we had an extra point blocked today, but Please for the love of god move it back to the normal distance of 20 yards. Why would you possibly want an NFL game to come down to an extra point. Today an NFL team had to kick a 47 yard extra point. Thats just ridiculous in my book. The game of football is great for a reason abd doesn't need rule changes to make it any better. You get 3 points for a 19 yard FG and 1 point for a 32 yard extra point. Leave the dang game alone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

No Im not saying this because we had an extra point blocked today, but Please for the love of god move it back to the normal distance of 20 yards. Why would you possibly want an NFL game to come down to an extra point. Today an NFL team had to kick a 47 yard extra point. Thats just ridiculous in my book. The game of football is great for a reason abd doesn't need rule changes to make it any better. You get 3 points for a 19 yard FG and 1 point for a 32 yard extra point. Leave the dang game alone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Agree 100%.  I think it's telling that neither the NCAA or High School football changed the PAT distance. 

Do a skee ball set up with the net.       More points as you get closer to the center.     Then the coach gets tickets that he can exchange in the 4th quarter for some useless crap.

OK this is almost as good as my idea hahahahahaha

... or do it like Rugby.  The PAT has to be attempted from a point directly out from the end zone that lines up with the spot where the TD occurred.  You can kick from as far back or as in close as you want, just so long as it is along that line.  If the TD occurred on or near the sideline, the "spot" is moved to align with the "numbers" on the field.

Today an NFL team had to kick a 47 yard extra point. Thats just ridiculous in my book.

I totally enjoyed that.

Browns are a mess. They committed two penalties in a row on PAT attempts and backed up 15 yards. One more penalty and they're kicking from 50+ and you know that's what I'm screaming for.

Didn't happen, but I can't think of many PAT that were more interesting.

Do a skee ball set up with the net.       More points as you get closer to the center.     Then the coach gets tickets that he can exchange in the 4th quarter for some useless crap.

How about an extra challange or time out?  The way we burn thru timeouts, that would be useful.

Totally sucks.  Completely negates every score of the previous 49 years.  How many games have been one on squeaker extra points that have barely made it inside the uprights.  At last a few.  If they had been farther back, chances are they would have been missed.

Don't fix something that isn't broken.

I would vote for any idea besides the current process. An XP from the current distance is just stupid. It seems like something the XFL would have done.

The old distance was certainly stupid.  All of 6 XPs were missed the entirety of last year, 4 were missed yesterday.

Personally I would prefer if the NFL just required all teams to go for 2. It would increase excitement and put more reason for paying these 22 starters so much money.

Sounds good to me although I am not sure if it should be 2 or 1 points under that system.  Oh, and drop kicking would be acceptable too.  

I agree with T-dub and SF-2.  I actually watch the play now, which is exactly what the NFL was trying to accomplish.

i used to play rugby too and kicking from a steep angle, per Rugby's idea, is much harder than a straight-on 33 yarder.  In rugby though, there's no line in front of you for the kick (and no holder).

Still having trouble understanding why so many are enamored with a play that was complete waste of time 99.9% of the time.  Instead of that foregone conclusion, just make the touchdown worth seven points and save us the formality of the kick.  A meaningless play has been made into a meaningful play.  How is that a bad thing?

Archived