Good morning.

In this ESPN Insider pieceInsider, NFL handicapper Dave Tuley notes the San Diego Chargers open this week as 3.5-point underdogs on the road against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 2.

The Bengals easily handled the Raiders 33-13 in Oakland on Sunday.

The Chargers are 5-4 against Cincinnati since 2001, and defeated the Bengals in Cincinnati in the 2013 postseason, 27-10, in the last matchup between the two teams.

My take: San Diego has a chance here if the team's patched-up offensive line can keep Philip Rivers clean against a pretty good Cincinnati front seven.

Paris: "San Diego spit out a 21-3 deficit like a shot of cheap tequila. With Rivers at the controls and Keenan Allen channeling Kellen Winslow, this game was a hoot. But it came with some players with eyes as wide as owls. This isn't your grandfather's Chargers -- heck, it's not even your dad's."

My take: Rivers leading a come-from-behind win with such a young roster should help build confidence for the rest of the season.

Canepa: "It was hot on the Qualcomm Stadium field -- over 100 degrees -- and you could see it happening, you could see the Lions' defenders back on their heels. They couldn't cover and they couldn't get to Rivers. They made the mistake of allowing him to get into a rhythm, and he just kept finding open receivers. It became a turkey shoot."

My take: Once Rivers got into a rhythm with the quick passing game, Detroit appeared to have no answer defensively, particularly for Keenan Allen.

Breech: "The Chargers' offense was struggling against Detroit until Philip Rivers figured out that the Lions couldn't cover Keenan Allen. Allen tied a franchise record with 15 catches for 166 yards. The 18-point comeback was the largest in Chargers home history."

My take: Stevie Johnson also played well, finishing six catches for 82 yards and a touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/12639/chargers-underdogs-on-the-road-at-cincinnati