The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Chargers

Reggie Nelson gave up the TD. He was supposed to have over the top for Dre. Dre dominated another game and shut down all of the receivers he was on yet again. Dude is a stud.

Do you have a quote from someone saying so?

Otherwise I tend to believe it was Dre getting beat on a double move like he is susceptible to.

We really need Dawson starting asap.  Theres no way he could be worse then both of the Rey Rays out there.  

Yeah after the LB play this week I hope he starts seeing more snaps. I'm hoping, stress hoping, that we can get Taz back to the level he was before and that Dawson getting more snaps so that LB play at the end of the year isnt a problem.

Otherwise I tend to believe it was Dre getting beat on a double move like he is susceptible to.

That didn't look like a double move to me, and even the announcers thought he should have had safety help over the top... 

I don't have a quote but the miscommunication on that TD was talked about this morning on the radio.     Dre thought he had over the top help.    Not sure who was making the mistake Nelson or Dre.

Its absolutely crazy the impact that Geno has in the middle of the line. But Peko's play is more and more aggravating. If we had a player with a BIT of talent next to Geno, that line could be fucking dirty.

Jeremy Hill....I don't know. What the hell is going on there?

Dalton has earned some faith. His touch on the long ball was a bit off later in the game, but goddamn he was throwing some darts.

I personally thought Hue called a mostly terrible game. I don't think he understands the weapons that he has. Eifert NEEDS to be targeted more. You cannot have a guy who simply catches everything and not throw the ball to him. I want 10+ targets a game, because he has elite talent.

Hmmm....besides that TD where there was some obvious miscommunication, I thought Kirk played well. Leon's resurgence continues. That 2 pt conversion stop was huge.

The linebackers, though. Interception aside, I honestly think we need to do something. Kick tires on somebody. I don't know. Make a move. Those underneath crossing routes will kill us all year.

it's good to see that you're finally "getting it" about tyler eifert. welcome aboard. i knew you'd get there eventually.

Also, I think it's time for Zampese to just stay the F away from Dalton because whatever him and House are doing in the offseason is working.

If I remember correctly Dalton started very well last year too.  He only had 1 pick through the first 4 games, and had 16 in the last 12.  I'm hoping he keeps up what's he's doing so far.

Rey 2 came through at the end to ice it so I can't be too pissed at him but our LBs were flat-out exposed.  Expect Flacco aka Cap'n Checkdown to go right at them next week.  Run D looked soft as well. There were a few times where the Dline had the RB isolated for a LB to come downhill & destroy him but our guy was nowhere to be found.  You'd think we'd try to get Carter or Dawson involved more somehow because that crew really needs a spark.

The crowd influenced that game a few times, very cool, been awhile since I've seen that.

Gio & Hill pushing each other is awesome, one of those fumbles was BS anyway.  Triplette continues to be a shit ref that wants to influence the game.  Maybe it's  just ego but his crews always suck like that. Poor officiating is almost part of the NFL culture at this point though so IDK that it's going to change anytime soon.  It's expected to be garbage and I guess that's ok so long as ppl keep betting.

Another game where the Elite OL surrendered no sacks but Dalton was harassed & hit more than you'd like.  That fumble could've killed us & our RB's were having to "create" an awful lot.   It looked to me like Boling was having a better game of the interior guys. They'll need to step it up against Balmer but that's another game. Downfield blocking, OTOH, was pretty damned good.

GFG overall, pulling out these ugly ones is the difference between 8-8 & the postseason.

Did you watch the replay at all?  It sure looked like he thought he had help behind him, and when he realized he didn't, he took off after him. There was no double move.

Archived