Observations through two games

What's worse, the "Bengal haters" that are constantly unimpressed or the people who continually complain about them?  

Definitely that first one.  Ever been on a road trip with someone that whines the entire time? Was it your fault for telling them to STFU? This is ridiculous; stow all that misdirection nonsense. The person pointing out the bad behavior is not the one at fault.  Unfortunately that seems obvious as shit anywhere other than the internet, where acting victimized is so often a workable excuse for being a total pain in everyone's ass.

Somewhere, right at this very moment, a sad sack is facing the realities that you and I are too cowardly to acknowledge.

Or so the story goes.

Don't worry, they will almost certainly lose a game eventually & that will be proof of whatever pet theory as to Why Everything Sucks Forever.  The 5 losses in an 11-5 season are The Reality when your view of reality is through shit-colored glasses.

Definitely that first one.  Ever been on a road trip with someone that whines the entire time? Was it your fault for telling them to STFU? This is ridiculous; stow all that misdirection nonsense. The person pointing out the bad behavior is not the one at fault.  Unfortunately that seems obvious as shit anywhere other than the internet, where acting victimized is so often a workable excuse for being a total pain in everyone's ass.

Don't worry, they will almost certainly lose a game eventually & that will be proof of whatever pet theory as to Why Everything Sucks Forever.  The 5 losses in an 11-5 season are The Reality when your view of reality is through shit-colored glasses.

The difference is some of you seem to take analysis as whining.  There is a difference.  If some want to be cheerleaders and love everything and be eternally sunny that's cool.  Others enjoy analyzing the shortcomings of the team and how it could possibly be better.  Sure, it can go over the line, but in my short time here there is a squad of positive nazis around here that go off on anything that could be considered negative.  That, in my mind, is way worse as you could easily just ignore the post or at least provide a solid rebuttal other than "haters"  "Sad sacks" or the like.  

Now opposing views= homosexual? 

Where did I mention opposing views?  I was simply observing how a couple who met on the board are still together, and how delighted I am by it.  Staying power.  It's a theme here at GB.com.  

As for the topic, I agree very much with what membengal said in his original post to start the thread.  I'm also delighted by the performance of the team thus far in 2015.  Dalton is playing lights out, it's even more impressive what he's doing presnap.  He's been the biggest question mark on this team....if he's able to make strides, this team could be unstoppable.  Jeremy Hill needs to get his shit together but the only fumble vs SD was the pitch he dropped.  The other play was a horrible call by Jeff Triplette.  LBs are simply unable to cover their territory on pass plays and have thus far been insufficient in run defense.  Aside from that, there is nothing that could be criticized on this team.  Even Marvin going very conservative to end the half, his mind wasn't clear....he'd just been traumatized by what the overturned play could 'yielded'.  Emotional response....not rational....so it's excused....especially since they won.   I don't imagine I have many opposing views on what was said.  Having opposing views doesn't make you homosexual......getting pounded in your ass (no wonder it's OnFire) makes you homosexual.  Not sure how you made that leap....but hopefully I've put your concerns to rest.  

The difference is some of you seem to take analysis as whining.  There is a difference.  If some want to be cheerleaders and love everything and be eternally sunny that's cool.  Others enjoy analyzing the shortcomings of the team and how it could possibly be better.  Sure, it can go over the line, but in my short time here there is a squad of positive nazis around here that go off on anything that could be considered negative.  That, in my mind, is way worse as you could easily just ignore the post or at least provide a solid rebuttal other than "haters"  "Sad sacks" or the like.  

Even the new guy gets it

Mods doing nothing again?

Seriously?  You spend most of your time on this board going after people and you want the mods to help you?  No, you don't use specific names, but it's easy to tell who you are talking about.  You also don't use foul language.  Big deal.  At least Elflocko has the stones to name you specifically instead of a bunch of passive aggressive garbage.  

Seriously?  You spend most of your time on this board going after people and you want the mods to help you?

If they're not going to let me handle things the way I want I expect them to handle things the way they want.

Instead they do nothing.

No, you don't use specific names, but it's easy to tell who you are talking about.  You also don't use foul language.  Big deal.  

No foul language and no specific names used yet its enough for clowns like you to whine and bitch again.

At least Elflocko has the stones to name you specifically instead of a bunch of passive aggressive garbage.  

And speaking of posters who have no stones, aren't you the same dink who keeps complaining about people who complain?

Yet another what was once a good thread completely fucked by the bulletproof trolls who would rather try to incite childish flame wars than address the subject at hand maturely and intelligently.  Ever notice how some people (ref bullet proof trolls) never comment about the Bengals, just other posters?

Shit gets old.

But... continue  :popcorn:

Well, don't blame me the next time Uncle Earl comes crawling with his panties in a bunch.

HairOnFire has been banned.  Stepped over the line for the last time with the Mods in a message he sent us.  Hopefully, one less pot stirrer will have the intended effect.  Enjoy the rest of the season.

Yet another what was once a good thread completely fucked by the bulletproof trolls who would rather try to incite childish flame wars than address the subject at hand maturely and intelligently.  Ever notice how some people (ref bullet proof trolls) never comment about the Bengals, just other posters?

Shit gets old.

But... continue  :popcorn:

He has been banned.

My thoughts, most are not unique to the above. 

QB: He has been enough. Not great, not bad but certainly solid. If he continues to play where he is right now it would be foolish to complain about him. He isn't a great QB but you can't have great players everywhere. 

RB: Love the group. Think it will eventually be even better with Wilder as another guy in the rotation. 

WR: Very interesting group. Through 2 games our #2 WR has 3 more catches then our backup LT and our #3 has 2 more. We certainly are not passing the ball around. They are on pace for 32 and 24 catches. 

TE: Eifert is as advertised. I would love to see what the backups can do as well. 

OL: I don't watch them a ton but they seem good. Dalton hasn't had much pressure. 

DL: Don't watch them a ton either but Atkins seems back to his form. I think having Johnson on the line helps that, along with his health. The rotation seems back to where it was. 

LB: As others have mentioned we don't have a standout here. They have been bend but don't break. Really makes me wonder if we had used the 21st pick differently how that would have helped. 

DB: Been solid. I like Hall's new role which seems to really allow him to be versatile and just make plays without having to man up so much. Again I'm not totally sure but he seems to be making more plays. 

Overall I think we just need more playmakers on D. I'd love the offense to open things up a bit but we don't have to have that. I think we have to have elite guys in the back 7 on D and we don't. 

My thoughts, most are not unique to the above. 

QB: He has been enough. Not great, not bad but certainly solid. If he continues to play where he is right now it would be foolish to complain about him. He isn't a great QB but you can't have great players everywhere. 

RB: Love the group. Think it will eventually be even better with Wilder as another guy in the rotation. 

WR: Very interesting group. Through 2 games our #2 WR has 3 more catches then our backup LT and our #3 has 2 more. We certainly are not passing the ball around. They are on pace for 32 and 24 catches. 

TE: Eifert is as advertised. I would love to see what the backups can do as well. 

OL: I don't watch them a ton but they seem good. Dalton hasn't had much pressure. 

DL: Don't watch them a ton either but Atkins seems back to his form. I think having Johnson on the line helps that, along with his health. The rotation seems back to where it was. 

LB: As others have mentioned we don't have a standout here. They have been bend but don't break. Really makes me wonder if we had used the 21st pick differently how that would have helped. 

DB: Been solid. I like Hall's new role which seems to really allow him to be versatile and just make plays without having to man up so much. Again I'm not totally sure but he seems to be making more plays. 

Overall I think we just need more playmakers on D. I'd love the offense to open things up a bit but we don't have to have that. I think we have to have elite guys in the back 7 on D and we don't. 

Agree with this and if you look out at the rest of the league, particularly in the AFC, we are in a very good place.   Other than New England, I don't see a team that matches up better than us when we are healthy.  Stealer's defense isn't that good and the Jet's offense isn't good either.

I don't buy that the Broncos are legit, I honestly think Peyton Manning is done.  He has been getting by with pure intelligence and an OK arm for the last few years,...now his arm looks to be gone and he can't even step up into the pocket very well anymore. 

Agree with this and if you look out at the rest of the league, particularly in the AFC, we are in a very good place.   Other than New England, I don't see a team that matches up better than us when we are healthy.  Stealer's defense isn't that good and the Jet's offense isn't good either.

Stoolers D doesn't need to be that good with Jen doing his huck'em-chuck'em shit for 350+ a game.

I'm going to quote this rule direct from the 2015 NFL rulebook because I honestly thought it had changed after watching the Benny Hilly numbers he routinely gets away with:

Officials are to blow the play dead as soon as the quarterback is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler, and his safety is in jeopardy.

I can only guess this isn't called in his case because his safety is never "in jeopardy", since he is in fact a reanimated corpse. The team doctor can simply staple on a new leg or whatever that's been harvested from an unfortunate practice squad player.  A couple of jolts from a cattle prod and his usual pre-game meal of two buckets of sardines & he's good as new!

As for NE, I'm not going to read much into their opening day game or stomping on the Bills.  Idle thought but I always wonder what their dynasty would look like if they played in a division with other legit NFL teams.  I feel like the same effort that might get us to 8-8 sees them cruising to another top 2 seed. Obviously they don't go 17-1 based on a soft division, though.  No, that's because of the cheating (1/2ninja) Maybe the Jets will make them work for it this year?

There you go!  You are still nothing but a troll, but at least you aren't the passive aggressive little girl at school whining to the teacher.

His M/O is passive aggressive contrarian. It's why he shouldn't be taken seriously on any subject. I don't know if he thinks it's "edgy" (fuckin hipsters) or what but he's always good for the days you need to let off steam and know someone will be there to argue with you for the sole purpose of arguing with you.

BTW Welcome to the site.

Archived