Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie_B

And the award for douchebag of the year goes to....

Nope, no problems at all with our healthcare system. Who needs regulation? The market will adjust itself!

:boring:

One douchebag doesn't ruin the whole system that had made us the greatest country in the world.

One douchebag doesn't ruin the whole system that had made us the greatest country in the world.

You need to get out more...

Oh, and to speak to the first part of your post, I have spent most of the last decade and a half working in the healthcare industry, from a monstrous HMO/insurance entity, to the second largest private radiology group in the United States, to my current position in a hospital leviathan, where the subsidiary who employees me makes over $120 million in net revenue per month. The for-profit (greed actually) healthcare model is fundamentally flawed and vile at its core... 

"Pharma Bro" Martin Shkreli broke down at his sentencing, sobbing as he begged New York court for "your honor's mercy."

I MUST SEE THIS

...and we all get to pretend like this guy is some horrible unique outlier rather than the entirely typical sort of avaricious self-serving dickhead being churned out by every MBA & finance program in the world.  One of them goes to jail & another gets to be head of the FCC.  What are we patting each other on the back over here?

I'm happy he is gonna get a boyfriend, but lets remember he is in jail for defrauding rich people not for raising the price of his drugs to insane prices.

Word is the prison commissary is going to increase the price of lube 5000% overnight. 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:20 PM, T-Dub said:

...and we all get to pretend like this guy is some horrible unique outlier rather than the entirely typical sort of avaricious self-serving dickhead being churned out by every MBA & finance program in the world.  One of them goes to jail & another gets to be head of the FCC.  What are we patting each other on the back over here?

You're right - it's just satisfying because he was such a smug prick over raising the price of those meds, and in his testimony. And Jamie is also correct, he's not going to jail over screwing patients. I've watched enough documentaries that I am aware, you can murder, rape, commit arson, so on, maybe they find you, maybe they won't - but if you defraud rich people or an insurance company, they WILL find you and you will be fucked.