Ex-Ravens, Jets LB Bart Scott: KKK always rallied on trips to Cincinnati

Arkansas Bengal

Ex-Ravens, Jets LB Bart Scott: KKK always rallied on trips to Cincinnati

Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports

Former Ravens and Jets linebacker Bart Scott made several trips to Cincinnati during his 11-year career. Playing against the Bengals wasn't the reason why he hated visiting the Queen City. 

Scott told CBS Radio's Damon Amendolara that the Ku Klux Klan frequently held rallies in downtown Cincinnati whenever his teams were in town to face the Bengals. 

"The first three times I went there -- we usually went there like November or December -- and the Ku Klux Klan would always be having a rally right across . . . there was this ice rink, right? There was always the Ku Klux Klan there," Scott said via the Sporting News. "I wanted to go over there and do some sheet-busting. You know what I mean? I wanted to put some paws on some people. Don't be mad at me 'cause we winning right now. I swear, every time. Is this the only place they go? Dang, Grand Wizard switch it up, man. You can't make this stuff up, man."

While avoiding a confrontation with the KKK in the middle of an NFL season was probably the smart thing to do, others may have had this reaction to the thoughts of him going sheet busting? 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-baltimore-ravens-cincinnati-bengals-bart-scott-kkk-092415

WTF is he talking about?  I don't buy that bullshit for a second.  BTW, 10 dumbasses in white robes is NOT a rally.  The last one in 2012 has a massive 5 man turnout.....LOL.  The police had to protect them so they didn't get a beatdown.

Not sure what he is talking about.    None of what went on had anything to do with the Ravens success or visiting.     It was a stupid point being made about Holiday displays or something and since certain groups had displays then somehow the KKK was allowed a display.   Not sure it was always stupid, they had a cross and couple dudes standing around it with a cheap metal barrier.  

Not sure how he linked it to being Ravens related. 

Why would he complain about the KKK?  They're just a nice respectable group of guys that have NEVER done anything to anyone, Especially Black people, Amirite? 

He can complain about the KKK all he wants.  When he insinuates that the KKK was having big rallies in Cincinnati every time he played there he is full of shit since it isn't TRUE.

Archived