Ravens at Stealers

Jesus man.  How do you not give the ball to Bell on 4th and 1?  The guy always falls forward after contact.  Instead you throw it with an inaccurate back up and across his body? 

I truly don't know how the Ravens won. I was pretty hammered but I remember a couple of 4th down situations where Haley opted to throw for a fucking yard when he has the best RB in the league. 

That type of shit pisses me off. I hate the Stealers. HATE them. But goddamn I hate dumb football more

Another loss for the Squeelers and one win for the Cravens isn't going to matter much.  IMHO, best outcome of all.

Seeing Steve Smurf get knocked out of the game by a former teammate and then get all bad mouthy after the game is high comedy.

And two more coaches who have read The Idiots Guide to Game and Clock Management by Marvin Lewis.

Yep, yet another damn fine day to be a Bengal fan.

1. The Ravens stole the victory which is awesome

2. The big Tomlin fuck up was throwing on 3rd and 5 with about 2:30 remaining.  Stops the clock.    That's what led to the Stealers having to run 1 play before 2 minute warning and that saved the Ravens 20/30 seconds.   

Also anyone that's watched games played in that stadium realizes that FGs over 40 yards kicking into that end of the stadium have more risk than normal.   Any sort of a punt probably saves the victory in regulation.

Also I think in the first half Ben was caught on TV texting or reading a text and the league should investigate. 

Not bad, sparks.  you got the spread spot on but you were off by a touchdown on both sides.  Damn good prediction earlier with the Ravens winning it in OT 23-20.  Got any other predictions?

Eh, not so good. I played Vick in my fantasy league. Stafford is at Seattle this week and I thought the Ravens run D would crowd the line to stop Bell, daring Vick to beat them. That didn't work too well nor did Steve Smith. So I'm probably already sunk going into the weekend.

On the brighter side, the Bengals should beat the Chefs this week. Their offense isn't very good apart from Charles. Their pass rush is very good and their secondary is better than Baltimore's. So I'll guess Bengals win 24-17. 

I love when Tomlin's ineptitude is put on full display.  Most overrated coach in the NFL.  Always seems to know where the camera is though, even when he's trying to trip people.

+ infinity.  Tomlin is the biggest poser in the league.  Take away Roethlisberger, and look at what you get in Pittsburgh.  

He'll suddenly seem smart again when Ben comes back.  

1.  This place would be going up in flames if Marvin called a game like either of these coaches tonight.  Ravens fail on both a fake FG and a 4th down QB sneak, but still win because Tomlin was a total dumbass.

Yep, as I'm sure the fans of both teams are, especially Pitt.

2.  Ravens and Stealers had less than 100 hours to recover from their games on Sunday before they played tonight. I can't believe the players union allows this. I guess everyone agrees because they get a little more money.

And then they have to go into overtime. Those two teams beat hard on each other. This game may have a toll on them beyond this next week.

I sure hope that's the case, one of the few advantages of playing in the tough AFCN.

It is like a pitcher in baseball. A good starter can throw 100 pitches every 5 days all summer long. But if you push him past a certain threshold in just one game, even if it is only by 20 or 30 pitches, it can mess him up for weeks. Same thing if you try to use him on just 2 or 3 days rest. It can throw him off for a while. 

Lets hope both teams still have dead legs in their next games.

Agreed :thumbsup:

Archived