Cardinals' Carson Palmer: Cincinnati owner clash hurt reputation

It's not the media, it's the delivery device. They baited you with something, you clicked, they collected their money with your click. Corporate Mission Accomplished for them. Same world that created quitters like Carson Palmer allows this kind of thing to happen.  What we really need is more Mike Brown's to stand up for them!

What do you say, Mikey Boy for President? 

I wouldn't praise Mike Brown for this one.  It turned out great because Hue Jackson was willing to give away a stupid number of picks for Palmer.  If that offer hadn't materialized it would have been a bad look for everyone involved.  

I wouldn't praise Mike Brown for this one.  It turned out great because Hue Jackson was willing to give away a stupid number of picks for Palmer.  If that offer hadn't materialized it would have been a bad look for everyone involved.  

First of all, in general, I hope you recognized that I was being facetious in tone. 

Second, Mike Brown played that whole thing as masterfully as possible. We would NEVER have gotten the kind of offer we received if he showed any willingness whatsoever to give in to Palmer's demands.  It was clear (by drafting a QB and telling Palmer to go ahead and retire) that MB was playing hard ball. Only a colossally huge (and, as far as the raiders are concerned bad) offer would change his mind. And the truth is, because MB had the well-earned reputation of playing only hard ball, he had the historically credibility that made his stance all the more real. Hue, knowing the situation, knew that it would take a bundle to change MBs approach, and that's exactly what he gave us. 

I can't recall exactly, but I believe MB was recognized as NFL Executive of the Year for that masterpiece.

For some reason, my guess is that you wouldn't praise Mikey if he littered your driveway with dollar bills.

First of all, in general, I hope you recognized that I was being facetious in tone. 

Second, Mike Brown played that whole thing as masterfully as possible. We would NEVER have gotten the kind of offer we received if he showed any willingness whatsoever to give in to Palmer's demands.  It was clear (by drafting a QB and telling Palmer to go ahead and retire) that MB was playing hard ball. Only a colossally huge (and, as far as the raiders are concerned bad) offer would change his mind. And the truth is, because MB had the well-earned reputation of playing only hard ball, he had the historically credibility that made his stance all the more real. Hue, knowing the situation, knew that it would take a bundle to change MBs approach, and that's exactly what he gave us. 

I can't recall exactly, but I believe MB was recognized as NFL Executive of the Year for that masterpiece.

Meh, it was early and I didn't recognize it.  I should have. 

Yes, Brown has always played hardball as it comes to money and Palmer was no exception.  Still, the deal with Oakland was crazy and I don't think anyone but Hue Jackson would have made a similar offer.  He turned lemons into lemonade for the Bengals.  If Jackson wants to know where his respect went he should take a look at that deal.  

If there were well founded issues with the team or Brown, and he stood up for what he believed (including family), I respect him. Football is secondary to being a human being, husband, father, etc.

But I must say, his pick 6's and statuesque pocket presence and inability to lead his team (including 1-2 disruptive players) were bigger factors in his reputation that he was washed up than any personal issue with Brown. We knew nothing about that background and I doubt anyone outside Cincinnati did, but everyone saw him not playing well and throwing crucial picks to lose games. Granted, Bratkowski was a plague, but I don't think Brown spreading misinfo is to blame for his bad rep at the end of his Bengal years.

What's wrong with Boobie ? Am I missing something ? One of the best names in history for a Bengal's fan in parochial school to say is their favorite player...

Loved Boobie. The fan down the row used to scream his name constantly in a very odd way.  One of those things that sticks with you.

Honestly, you are just working the ignorance.  So, since I'm against governments being fiscally irresponsible that means I would support even more fiscal irresponsibility in government?  

Honestly, I just think you hate Mikey so much, that you wouldn't see the truth if it smacked you upside the head.  Tell you what though, since I don't feel like dealing with someone like you, I think ignore is probably your best position.

Honestly, I just think you hate Mikey so much, that you wouldn't see the truth if it smacked you upside the head.  Tell you what though, since I don't feel like dealing with someone like you, I think ignore is probably your best position.

Be my guest.  Do people who disagree with you always get your panties in a snit?

Archived