Andy Dalton's elite play a big reason Bengals are unbeaten

The psychological barrier that is Pittsburgh is on our road to the Super Bowl. One step at a time, one barrier at a time, one game at a time. Each team on our regular and post season schedule is on my road.

Meh, they swept us last year and we still made the playoffs...I'm thinking bigger and looking forward to beating the Pats to get back to the show.

Meh, they swept us last year and we still made the playoffs...I'm thinking bigger and looking forward to beating the Pats to get back to the show.

I think we're on the same road both wanting the same ultimate objective. I just don't see the Patriots twice every freaking year since I've been alive.

go fuck yourself.  NO QB can have success when he has less than 2 seconds to pass the ball.  

Ok now that we've both cooled down. My problem with Andy has been getting ruffled when being blitzed. Yes his line was playing poorly. But he needs to not go happy feet when he senses blitz. Use that talent at his disposal with quick screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're on the same road both wanting the same ultimate objective. I just don't see the Patriots twice every freaking year since I've been alive.

Did you see that dropped interception in Giants game. He put one hand down to soften the fall. Than dropped the game ender. Adam Jones would have committed his body. Glad he's here

Ok now that we've both cooled down. My problem with Andy has been getting ruffled when being blitzed. Yes his line was playing poorly. But he needs to not go happy feet when he senses blitz. Use that talent at his disposal with quick screens.

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/665244518657093632

Last season, Andy Dalton had 87.1 passer rating vs blitz (23rd in NFL). This season it's 126.2 (highest in NFL).

JJ Watt showed what a good pass rush can do to Daltons nerves. It's a well known fact that Dalton gets rattled under pressure. It's been Pittsburgh Stealers recipe for years. Add pressure and Red rifle becomes ........

Lemme guess....a red ryder BB gun???

If you watched the game and your #1 takeaway was that we lost the game because of Andy's nerves, I just don't know what to tell you.  Andy wouldn't even make my top 5 issues list from last night.

Are we starting the Dalton wars again already???

Lemme guess....a red ryder BB gun???

If you watched the game and your #1 takeaway was that we lost the game because of Andy's nerves, I just don't know what to tell you.  Andy wouldn't even make my top 5 issues list from last night.

Are we starting the Dalton wars again already???

Dalton wars wouldn't start if people would call it like it was.   Dalton did see the pressure last night and he left plays on the field for sure.    To boldly state that you wouldn't list a QB in the top 5 issues when an offense like this doesn't get into the endzone and at one point had 1 first down in the 2nd half is statement that deserves to be challenged.

That's just stupid.    Horrible game by him for sure.       

Blame me/Blame you Blues. 

Figured this would happen. 

Of all the people on here, you could read us the script for the Bengals season and fan reaction for nearly every instance. Implosion is a very predictable response to a loss. I could almost cut and paste the responses from years ago. Only thing missing is Jesus of Nazareth or one of his other incarnations. Perhaps you can ask PBB to stop by and visit...

Tell me what happens next. Right before the next game. I hate losing and had a whole list of things a loser says when their team gets beat.

In the end I give credit to the Texans. They won.

We were not the better team Monday.

Dalton wars wouldn't start if people would call it like it was.   Dalton did see the pressure last night and he left plays on the field for sure.    To boldly state that you wouldn't list a QB in the top 5 issues when an offense like this doesn't get into the endzone and at one point had 1 first down in the 2nd half is statement that deserves to be challenged.

I'd say its more than fair:

1. Eifert: 5 crucial bad plays. 3 drops, the ad-libbed route on a third down, and the blown block on the reverse on what could have been a TD (just a safety between jones and the endzone)

2. 7 penalties on offense by oline and skill guys

3. Hue's playcalling: 43 pass plays to 16 run plays.

4. AJ's fumble

5. The oline. no run game and inconsistent pass pro all night.

6. Guenther's one mistake, putting Dunlap in man coverage on 3rd and 13 which led to the game winning TD drive. A stop there is likely a punt or a long FG attempt. Guenther called a great game, but this was a huge play. Houston scored the only TD 2 plays later.

7. Dalton was a little off, particularly on the deep ball. You can't say he was bad, but you can say he didn't make many gamechanging plays.

I never said Dalton had a good game.  He was bad, no doubt.  But we didn't lose that game because of "Andy's Nerves".

Here are my top 5 "Issues" which I don't pin on single coaches/players because THAT is what is just stupid:

1) Having no answer to JJ Watt despite the enormous hype.  Really???  Single team him with Winston most of the night???  Continue to do it hoping for a better result???

2) Halftime adjustments or lack thereof.  Hell, go back to what you were doing in the 1st half since at least that was a little better.

3) Not Prepared to play on the national stage on MNF

4) Constantly getting into 3rd and 18's and other dreadful and predictable down and distances, and typically deep into our own side of the field.  Penalties, sacks, tackles for loss, etc.  Makes the offense really predictable.

5) Blocking in general

If you insist on putting "blame" on individuals, which I don't think is accurate/fair, then my top 5 would be:

1) Marvin...get your players ready to play a MNF game

2) Hue...Romeo Crennel kicked his ass and continued to win the chess match all night

3+) Others above Andy would include Eifert, AJ, Huber...Offensive line as a whole...hell I'd put Hill above Andy too...I'm all about effort.

Of all the people on here, you could read us the script for the Bengals season and fan reaction for nearly every instance. Implosion is a very predictable response to a loss. I could almost cut and paste the responses from years ago. Only thing missing is Jesus of Nazareth or one of his other incarnations. Perhaps you can ask PBB to stop by and visit...

Tell me what happens next. Right before the next game. I hate losing and had a whole list of things a loser says when their team gets beat.

In the end I give credit to the Texans. They won.

We were not the better team Monday.

we have been through every sort of situation, haven't we? 

I suppose this week's edition will contain (at least until Thursday) every wail and gnash of teeth over this play/that move/etc which led to losing by 4 points. Then will come the anxiety over the "Prime Time" boogeyman approaching Sunday night. There will be a few boasts about "running up the score on the Cardinals", but most will be Nervous Nellie handwringing or just plain defeatism. Should run about 3:2 negative. 

a lot of things never change.

Archived