Has anyone seen Go in this forum?

not sure Jason is trolling.   I do know this website is less than a shadow of itself in its prime.   Can not remember the last time I posted.   Check it out on game day and see how far this place has fell.  Still a lot of guys I respect over the last 11 years.   But this forum lost its way in 2011.   

Go is just a symbol, a mascot for the legions of other Dalton haters who've been mostly mum on their QBs performance thus far this season, which, by any account -- historical, comparative, etc. -- has been sensational.  

Forget the Andy is terrible narrative, or the Dalton is an 80 something QB, or even Dalton is just above average.  Dalton is playing at a level that in most years would have him sitting atop of the statistical heap.  He's sitting at 2nd or 3rd now, because the two best QBs to ever play the game (and who have oodles more experience) are having their own historically dominant performances.  Think about that, Dalton is running neck and neck with Brady and Rogers who are having their best seasons ever.  

We should popping corks and patting each other on the backs, celebrating the fact that, despite their chorus of doubts and boos, the ownership/management of this team has patiently stuck to their guns and allowed their QB to grow and mature with their support.  Hell, even those who shit all over Dalton for years ought to take part and savor the moment. We are 4-0, not despite our QB, but because of him. 

Rejoice and love your team. We're looking at a once in a lifetime opportunity here...unless, of course, Dalton does what he's always done, and continues to get better. I suspect that will be the case, and I hope that, for many, they'll eventually decide to loosen up and enjoy the team they claim to love. 

What alley said.

And, let me begin. I was all for drafting Bridgewater and not signing Dalton and putting Dalton through a "prove it" year least year to try and get a contract. Glad the Bengals didn't go that route. Whatever is happening with Dalton, there appears to be a serious leap forward in all aspects  - decision making, accuracy downfield, "zip" on ball for lack of a better word, and he has finally shown he can move away from pocket pressure keep a play alive and make plays while on the move. 

I am stunned. And ecstatic. 

Telling another person how to feel about a subject is odd. Being the child in the back of the classroom screaming I told ya so is a little overdone. We are experiencing a season like no other before. What should our emotions be ? Guarded, Boisterous, etc... ? In the end, we're all Bengals fans and as such should stick together regardless of the QB leading the charge.

Note: last time I was a member of a board that agreed on most things, self destructed within a year. In other words, there needs to be some dissention to survive or the board becomes a bunch of posters sitting around the campfire singing kumbaya ...

And don't get me started on my views on Tate. I have tried to get rid of him for five years. One play doesn't erase that, but I was pretty sure he was useless as a WR, but that was a helluva play yesterday.

In the same sentence as helluva play by Tate, I would add helluva throw. I'd love to be able to see this particular play through the QBs view. From my seat, receivers were covered. That throw had to be one of the best laser throws I've ever seen this year.

In the same sentence as helluva play by Tate, I would add helluva throw. I'd love to be able to see this particular play through the QBs view. From my seat, receivers were covered. That throw had to be one of the best laser throws I've ever seen this year.

I read this in another location, and it really rang true to me.  This season is the first time that Dalton isn't relying on play makers, but making players around him better.   Even as a Dalton supporter, I didn't even know if he had that in him.  

This is fun!

Right. That throw was bonkers. Truly. On the run, awful angle, he put it the only place it could possibly have been put to give Tate a chance - a really, really hard throw. Had no idea Dalton had that in him either. Hence, my initial post on Dalton above...

Telling another person how to feel about a subject is odd. Being the child in the back of the classroom screaming I told ya so is a little overdone.

Oh no. No it's not. I mean, if there had been some kind of mild or passing disagreement, I would agree with you.

But we're not talking about that.  We're talking about a small army of think-alike posters who regularly tanked any thread by basically saying "what does it matter, because, DALTON SUCKS."  And then more of that over and over and over and over. And they did it with Glee and Gusto and certainty that betrayed a kind of hubristic narcissism that might have made some of us doubt their mental health, but in its chorus proved overwhelming.

Another way to put it is this.  That kind of bashing made this site a sour place to be for many, and lots of sensible, level headed, thoughtful posters stopped coming around because of it. Sure, Dalton took his lumps, but the hate that came out for him was irrational, and irrational discussion are the realm of the childish or the insane. An intrepid few persisted in his defense, and received all manner of flak for it  (some have even been banned in the process, while none of the haters have been)

So when the time comes around and Dalton proves that he is, indeed, becoming the kind of QB that we all SHOULD have hoped for, those of us who withstood that barrage, and remained and try to have logical football-based discussions (and frankly, who understood the historical evidence that QBs take time to mature and turn into Brady's and Rogers) shouldn't just come back and say "I told ya so." We are rightful to SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS and, frankly, rub some noses in shit. 

And we get to rejoice with glee doubly above the haters, for we get to actually ENJOY the fact that our QB is becoming what we thought he could be, and we get to ENJOY this unprecedented success that he is bringing the team we love that comes with that.  

Any other reaction than that should be pointing someone to pick up the phone and look into seeking professional help.

not sure Jason is trolling.   I do know this website is less than a shadow of itself in its prime.   Can not remember the last time I posted.   Check it out on game day and see how far this place has fell.  Still a lot of guys I respect over the last 11 years.   But this forum lost its way in 2011.   

It's funny that a small few keep saying that, we are still adding new members.

And don't get me started on my views on Tate. I have tried to get rid of him for five years. One play doesn't erase that, but I was pretty sure he was useless as a WR, but that was a helluva play yesterday.

I heard people on the radio saying I told you so to people that wanted Tate gone. Based on 1 play? That's the thing. He makes 3 or 4 plays a season and that's worth keeping him around? There's no denying that it was a great play though. If he keeps making plays, I'll eat crow. But it has to be more than his usual.

Oh no. No it's not. I mean, if there had been some kind of mild or passing disagreement, I would agree with you.

But we're not talking about that.  We're talking about a small army of think-alike posters who regularly tanked any thread by basically saying "what does it matter, because, DALTON SUCKS."  And then more of that over and over and over and over. And they did it with Glee and Gusto and certainty that betrayed a kind of hubristic narcissism that might have made some of us doubt their mental health, but in its chorus proved overwhelming.

Another way to put it is this.  That kind of bashing made this site a sour place to be for many, and lots of sensible, level headed, thoughtful posters stopped coming around because of it. Sure, Dalton took his lumps, but the hate that came out for him was irrational, and irrational discussion are the realm of the childish or the insane. An intrepid few persisted in his defense, and received all manner of flak for it  (some have even been banned in the process, while none of the haters have been)

So when the time comes around and Dalton proves that he is, indeed, becoming the kind of QB that we all SHOULD have hoped for, those of us who withstood that barrage, and remained and try to have logical football-based discussions (and frankly, who understood the historical evidence that QBs take time to mature and turn into Brady's and Rogers) shouldn't just come back and say "I told ya so." We are rightful to SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS and, frankly, rub some noses in shit. 

And we get to rejoice with glee doubly above the haters, for we get to actually ENJOY the fact that our QB is becoming what we thought he could be, and we get to ENJOY this unprecedented success that he is bringing the team we love that comes with that.  

Any other reaction than that should be pointing someone to pick up the phone and look into seeking professional help.

Could you please name those who have been banned for supporting Dalton? Or even just one?  I have been one of the die hard Dalton supporters over the years and I can say that most of the mods are the same.. I find your assertion hard to believe at best.

Could you please name those who have been banned for supporting Dalton? Or even just one?  I have been one of the die hard Dalton supporters over the years and I can say that most of the mods are the same.. I find your assertion hard to believe at best.

Because it never happened. Nobody was banned for supporting Dalton, if they were banned it was likely for other reasons.

Anyway these 4 games have been fun, lets hope it continues. But deep down we all know that the test that will matter whatever "camp" you are in will be the playoffs, so you can put me in the I'm enjoying this but tempered waiting to see how that ends up. It matters, and I know we all know that.

Dalton has had a month like this before. He is playing great and we should be enjoying the ride. Its very possible he mis steps and struggles again. His numbers from what I recall say he is bad when he is playing from behind and when under pressure. We have had the lead for all but less than 2 minutes this year. We have given up 2 sacks. We have not played in primetime. 

I think he is playing great and am very excited about the idea of not needing to even think about another QB for 5 years. That would be incredible. I don't think he is there quite yet after a month. 

Yeah. As the guy who ends up doing most of the banning I'd like to know as well. Calling the mods and admins "Fucking cunts"? That'll get you banned. Supporting Dalton? Not so much, considering that I myself am more supporter than not...

You told me I was a waste of skin, foreign you said worse things to other people. Don't try to take the high road here. 

Archived