Amazon Fire or Fire Stick

it keeps getting delayed negotiating with cable companies, etc, they have only listed it as "top 25-30 channels people watch"

i am eager to see how it ends up.

nfl and directv renewed for 8 years just last year.. which is something i would need to cut the cord

so i am concerned that will ride out

1.5 billion per year... 

I'm very interested in this as well. The wife and I are very tired giving TWC $200 every month. 

Between the four of us, we probably only watch about a dozen or so channels. How can we watch regular cable tv without spending $200? (Checking our bill, it looks like home phone is $30, internet is $30, and tv is $140, roughly.) Thanks.

I actually have 2 Rokus, a fire Stick, and an android box.   I don't like the firestick as much as the others, but it is fine.  Apple TVs are nice, but I didn't like being locked into the Apple ecosystem as much.  I know it works really well for Go though.

You should look at SlingTV (it works on all those devices - not sure about AppleTV though) and you can do a free 7 day trial.  It offers some channels that might be of interest.  You may be able to even try the trial via an app on an android phone.

Currently I'm running Netflix and I'm considering adding Sling.  Roku just announced a new Roku 4. 

I pay 50 bucks a month for internet.  No home phone and we pick up ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WB, PBS, and a couple others via antenna.

Netflix will run you about 15 now, I think Hulu is about 10, and SlingTV basic is $20.  I'm pretty sure all have trials.  I suspended my Hulu because we didn't really use it...I check it out every 6 months.  We ran SlingTV for a bit and did the same...nice when we aren't really watching anything.

I actually have 2 Rokus, a fire Stick, and an android box.   I don't like the firestick as much as the others, but it is fine.  Apple TVs are nice, but I didn't like being locked into the Apple ecosystem as much.  I know it works really well for Go though.

You should look at SlingTV (it works on all those devices - not sure about AppleTV though) and you can do a free 7 day trial.  It offers some channels that might be of interest.  You may be able to even try the trial via an app on an android phone.

Currently I'm running Netflix and I'm considering adding Sling.  Roku just announced a new Roku 4. 

I pay 50 bucks a month for internet.  No home phone and we pick up ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WB, PBS, and a couple others via antenna.

Netflix will run you about 15 now, I think Hulu is about 10, and SlingTV basic is $20.  I'm pretty sure all have trials.  I suspended my Hulu because we didn't really use it...I check it out every 6 months.  We ran SlingTV for a bit and did the same...nice when we aren't really watching anything.

you can grab netflix under $10, hulu you can get a year for $40 on ebay, etc..

Archived