We're on to Buffalo

After a big week like this there is usually a "letdown" game. I am fine with it. I don't expect to win next week. This win took a lot out of our players. I wouldn't be surprised if we were never really in the game next week. Definitely not picking any of the bengals for any of my one week fantasy teams. 

This has been my litmus test game since the season began.  Thankfully, Buffalo is actually playing pretty well and has a winning record so we might not look past them quite as much.  Also, we don't seem to be looking past anyone this year, so there's THAT.  Isn't nice how undefeated records have a habit of trying to self-perpetuate?

Positives

-McCoy is out and Watkins is banged up (maybe back?). Their backup Karlos Williams was out this week, not sure if he'll be back for next week or not. They had absolutely no running game with their 3rd string back this week except for their QB. Not counting the QB runs, they only had 51 rushing yards this week. If Williams and Watkins are still out (or less than 100%), it's a great defensive matchup for us. With them, it'll be much tougher.

-Their secondary has been taken advantage of at times. Pats carved them up for almost 500 passing yards and Giants did pretty well against them too. Even Tannehill had almost 300 against them. It's not an easy defense by any means, but hasn't been as dominant as it was last year. Could be another big Eifert game. 

-I don't see us looking by them. They are 3-2. It's on the road. We have a bye week after (so not looking ahead to anything the next week). 

-Last time we faced a Rex Ryan defense, we absolutely destroyed them. 

Negatives

-Mobile QBs have given us some trouble this year and Taylor has been playing pretty well. 

-Their top CB Gilmore won't be an easy matchup for AJ. Not as tough as Sherman obviously, but can't expect him to carry us next week. 

-Bills are tough to run against, so a lot will be on Dalton's shoulders again in a hostile environment and against some very good D Linemen. 

Lots of emotion from this game.  The Seahawks also play a very physical game that leaves it's after effects.  It's going to be tough if the Bills are sharp.  Fortunately, the Bills aren't too sharp at QB or HC.  Could go either way.

Bright side: Jeremy Hill should be fresh as a daisy.

Archived