Another quiet day for Bengals RB Jeremy Hill

Another quiet day for Bengals RB Jeremy Hill

Bengals running back Jeremy Hill barely saw the field in the second half of Sunday's comeback win over Seattle.

Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

It may not be much longer until Bengals running back Jeremy Hill loses his grip on the starting job. Hill failed to make an impact in Cincinnati's 27-24 comeback overtime victory over the Seahawks. 

Hill once again found himself on the sideline for the second half after struggling for just 13 yards on eight carries. Hill didn't see the field after three touches on Cincinnati's first drive of the second half.

Trailing 24-7 early in the fourth quarter, Giovani Bernard rushed three straight times for 23 yards after the Bengals took over in Seattle territory. Andy Dalton finished the 33-yard scoring drive with a 10-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Eifert

The Bengals were pass-heavy the next time they got the ball three minutes later, but once again it was Bernard in the backfield for two carries. In overtime, Bernard carried the ball four times in a row for 21 yards to set up Mike Nugent's game-winning 42-yard field goal as Hill watched. 

For the season, Hill now has 176 yards on 58 carries with five touchdowns, three of which came last week against Kansas City. He was benched the preceding two weeks against San Diego and Baltimore for fumbles and ineffectiveness.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-jeremy-hill-struggles-against-seahawks-101115

Things seem to be rolling along pretty good with Gio but the Bengals are going to need Hill for the stretch run, I think its a mild concern at the moment,  Bengals said he is the starter, either he is nursing a injury or there is some confidence issues 

Or maybe Hue has some master plan 

Hill is definitely struggling.  Confidence, maybe?  The thing is the Bengals are going to need Hill before the end of the season.  I don't think Bernard will hold up if he has to carry the entire load.  Bernard looks so much stronger and more confident running than last year.  I know he was banged up a lot last season.  Hope he can stay healthy.

It seems to me that Hill refuses to take the yards. He's constantly trying to go around the corner or break off a big run. Gio right now is bouncing around, constantly moving forwards. Watching Hyde play right now he looks like what Hill looked like last season. North to south, young man. The broken tackles will come in time

It seems to me that Hill refuses to take the yards. He's constantly trying to go around the corner or break off a big run. Gio right now is bouncing around, constantly moving forwards. Watching Hyde play right now he looks like what Hill looked like last season. North to south, young man. The broken tackles will come in time

Sophomore slump  

Hill and Kirkpatrick are both on my shit list at the moment, but I expect that to change in the near future.

WHO DEY

5 and  F'nnnn 0

Hill seems more interested in his fantasy game than playing football. There's no aggression out there. Guys constantly laughing and joking with opposing players after he's tackled. What's he jawing about. " I have you on my fantasy team". It's a frigging war out there. Act like it shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy Hill likes to get it going around Week 9, apparently. Gio Bernard has done a decent job and is proving why in today's NFL a two back system is very effective. Gio is currently averaging 5.5 YPC and is in the Top 10 in rush yards per game. With Dalton playing his best football of his career, the "loss" of Jeremy Hill is being masked but the Bengals will need him. Hopefully he finds his game soon.

Hill is definitely struggling.  Confidence, maybe?  The thing is the Bengals are going to need Hill before the end of the season.  I don't think Bernard will hold up if he has to carry the entire load.  Bernard looks so much stronger and more confident running than last year.  I know he was banged up a lot last season.  Hope he can stay healthy.

I think it's just a sophomore slump.  Remember, Hill pretty much came out of nowhere last year, and if it wasn't for Odell Beckham Jr. for the Giants, Hill probably had a shot at Offensive Rookie of the Year,  not to mention his huge day against Denver in primetime that put us in the playoffs for a fourth consecutive time.

This time, opposing teams have game planned for Hill, and it shows,  not to mention some other commenters have theorized that he's working too hard to get that spectacular run or play like last year.  Hill is a power back first and foremost,  and he has to remember that he has to let the holes develop.  Just slow down, Jeremy.  The holes are there, just relax and let them come open.

think they had Lamur lined up at safety on that play.  

Iloka ran off the field really fast because they had 12 men on the field. I'm still amazed the coaches didn't take a timeout considering they weren't properly aligned or with the right package on the field. We always call a TO in those situations.

There were 2 or 3 times that Iloka was running off the field due to 12. Someone really had the packages screwed up or the DB injuries had them all messed up.

Archived