Take turns. Line up. Bow Down.

So now he has to be perfect on every drive?
When his line is letting people through unguarded, the problem is that Dalton is rattled?

Unreal. By this standard, there is not a single QB that has ever played the game that would live up to your expectations.

nope. But his ineffectiveness dug us a hole.  All I said was he got rattle then got out of it. Don't put words in my mouth then try to argue against those words. 

Weston... the LINE played shitty and no one was open, Dalton didn't turn the ball over. If the pressure rattled him, that would be when he would throw picks. He didn't dig us a hole, the line did, along with the WRs.

He did throw a pick, said it was a bad pass, didn't see the safety.  Burkhead fumbled... but that was probably because Dalton was pressured too right?

Later, the line held better and people got open... Dalton hit them when they open WHILE he was under pressure. 

Capiche?

Weston... the LINE played shitty and no one was open, Dalton didn't turn the ball over. If the pressure rattled him, that would be when he would throw picks. He didn't dig us a hole, the line did, along with the WRs.

He did throw a pick, said it was a bad pass, didn't see the safety.  Burkhead fumbled... but that was probably because Dalton was pressured too right?

Later, the line held better and people got open... Dalton hit them when they open WHILE he was under pressure. 

Capiche?

so Dalton plays under pressure how statistically Dalton has been shown to play under pressure and you think this time it's everyone else's fault? 

Weston... I have been watching pro football for at least 47 years, and really understanding the game for about 40. I know what I saw, and so does everyone  else but you evidently.  NO quarterback can perform under pressure if they have no time to throw or no one is open. I've known that since I was 10. The TEAM started playing better overall and after that happened (in the 4th quarter) even when under pressure yesterday, Dalton performed admirably. 

There was a HUGE difference in how he played under pressure  WHEN HE HAD TIME AND PEOPLE OPEN...compared to previous years. I know trying to help you see this is an exercise in futility,  but I'm in a magnanimous mood this evening. 

Weston... I have been watching pro football for at least 47 years, and really understanding the game for about 40. I know what I saw, and so does everyone  else but you evidently.  NO quarterback can perform under pressure if they have no time to throw or no one is open. I've known that since I was 10. The TEAM started playing better overall and after that happened (in the 4th quarter) even when under pressure yesterday, Dalton performed admirably. 

There was a HUGE difference in how he played under pressure  WHEN HE HAD TIME AND PEOPLE OPEN...compared to previous years. I know trying to help you see this is an exercise in futility,  but I'm in a magnanimous mood this evening. 

Your a regular John Gruden ain't ya. It's clear to anyone watching that game without an agenda that he was terrible for half of it and that in fact he has been terrible under pressure for most of his career.  If you go to the article I conveniently laid out on front of you you can see some have been quite good under pressure.  Dalton has not shown that ability. 

My magnanimous mood has passed, I  only wish I  still had the ability to put you on ignore. 

Bye Felicia...

there are literally articles dissecting this http://grantland.com/features/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-pressure/  and you believe that he is some how just another average qb under pressure. You leaving a discussion where you hold no stance other than I blame everybody else despite the evidence isn't a loss to me. 

Your a regular John Gruden ain't ya. It's clear to anyone watching that game without an agenda that he was terrible for half of it and that in fact he has been terrible under pressure for most of his career.  If you go to the article I conveniently laid out on front of you you can see some have been quite good under pressure.  Dalton has not shown that ability. 

I mean, let's be objective here. Against the 2nd best defense in the NFL, when we couldn't run the ball (not Andy's fault), they pinned their ears back, pressed our recievers at the line, and flat out got after Andy. It worked for 2/5ths of the game.  

Also, this thread is stupid, as will be the one that comes when we eventually lose a game this season, and the Andy haters will come out of the wood work. I don't know why people want to start shit. 

I mean, let's be objective here. Against the 2nd best defense in the NFL, when we couldn't run the ball (not Andy's fault), they pinned their ears back, pressed our recievers at the line, and flat out got after Andy. It worked for 2/5ths of the game.  

Also, this thread is stupid, as will be the one that comes when we eventually lose a game this season, and the Andy haters will come out of the wood work. I don't know why people want to start shit. 

Lets be objective......we have years of statistics of him being terrible against the rush. 

Lets be objective......we have years of statistics of him being terrible against the rush. 

Yes, in the past he was terrible.  Yesterday, he was just biding his time.  You seriously can't see the difference?   Can you pull the stats this year under pressure?  

Weston would rather the Bengals lose so he can be right about Dalton. Dalton made a couple of calls in that game that kept us alive. Very few QBs have beat the Seahawks over the last few years. 

Is it true the new site doesnt have the ignore feature?

Thats not true. I didnt bring up this ridiculous thread. Im just responding the assertion that Dalton had a tremendous game. I elated that Dalton is playing this well and have said it consistently. 

Get rid of the troll and you don't have these stupid threads and good posters leaving. Been saying it for over a year now. Two/three posters make this place hard to read at times.

How the fuck is this trolling? Because you disagree with me. I have broken down the entire game series by series and have 2 articles to back me and you have your opinion and I am some sort of troll? What about the guy starting this thread. People aren't trolls just because you don't agree with them. The troll is the guy who started this thread. 

So you have now called Dalton "awful" and "terrible" for half the game.  Dalton made one real mistake ONLY. His interception. I don't like interceptions.  Let's say you even call that terrible. It was a terrible play.  One out of 44 throws. But one bad play makes him awful or terrible?  You just keep digging your hole further.  Here's a fun exercise.  Let's say Dalton simply didn't throw that pass.  What would his QB rating have been?

137... OR... his best game of the season by far.  So he was very good, and one bad play away from being AMAZING (had he not made that throw he would also be leading the league in QBR overall. 

Nope. Couldn't be further from even sniffing terrible or awful no matter what you say.

How in the world do you function in the real world if someone gives you an opinion that doesn't match yours with loads of evidence and you want to plug your ears and not

So you have now called Dalton "awful" and "terrible" for half the game.  Dalton made one real mistake ONLY. His interception. I don't like interceptions.  Let's say you even call that terrible. It was a terrible play.  One out of 44 throws. But one bad play makes him awful or terrible?  You just keep digging your hole further.  Here's a fun exercise.  Let's say Dalton simply didn't throw that pass.  What would his QB rating have been?

137... OR... his best game of the season by far.  So he was very good, and one bad play away from being AMAZING (had he not made that throw he would also be leading the league in QBR overall. 

Nope. Couldn't be further from even sniffing terrible or awful no matter what you say.

I broke it down by each series. He was terrible from after the first series to the Pac Man return. Stats were just awful and he was checking down immediately (and missing the checkdowns terribly on easy balls) because he was freaked out of his mind about the pass rush. He eventually settled down and was great. Kudos Dalton. Keep playing solidly bro. 

Thats not true. I didnt bring up this ridiculous thread. Im just responding the assertion that Dalton had a tremendous game. I elated that Dalton is playing this well and have said it consistently. 

Dude, earlier in this thread you said Dalton was digging the hole the team found themselves in yesterday. Outside of a bad look to Green, Dalton played a very solid game yesterday and did a nice job not making errors when the Seattle was strictly playing the pass. Take a look at Aaron Rodgers stat line from his last 2 starts against Seattle. 

Rodgers:

CMPTOYDSCMP%AVGLNGTDINTQBRRAT

Dalton: 

ATTYDSCMP%AVGLNGTDINTRAT

How in the world do you function in the real world if someone gives you an opinion that doesn't match yours with loads of evidence and you want to plug your ears and not

I broke it down by each series. He was terrible from after the first series to the Pac Man return. Stats were just awful and he was checking down immediately (and missing the checkdowns terribly on easy balls) because he was freaked out of his mind about the pass rush. He eventually settled down and was great. Kudos Dalton. Keep playing solidly bro. 

at the end of the day you can focus on the amazing 4th q and OT he had and great game overall or you can focus on the few series were he didn't play great. You choose as always to focus on the latter which is why people can't stand you and it says a lot about you as a person. Has nothing to do with opinions or facts just has to do with the type of person, or poster, you are.

Archived