Ray Lewis says Bengals "one of the most talented teams" he's ever seen

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports  |  By Larry Brown  |  Last updated 10/19/15

8298269.jpg
Dec 22, 2014; Cincinnati, OH, USA; ESPN broadcaster and former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on the Monday Night Football set at Paul Brown Stadium. The Bengals won 37-28. Mandatory Credit: Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports USA TODAY Sports

Ray Lewis was either speaking in rather hyperbolic terms on Monday night, or the Cincinnati Bengals could be headed for a 16-0 season.

Lews, appearing on ESPN’s “Monday Night Countdown” show prior to the New York Giants-Philadelphia Eagles game, spoke in glowing terms about the Bengals. The analysis came when the show’s panelists were asked to break down the remaining undefeated teams in the league. When talking about 6-0 Cincinnati, Lewis called them “one of the most talented teams” he’s ever seen.

“This is a ballclub that I’m watching very closely,” said Lewis, who used to play against the Bengals twice per season in the AFC North. “And when I tell you the only thing that I think the only thing that can slow the Bengals down is can Andy Dalton take the next step? You look at the offensive production, you look at (Mohamed) Sanu, you look at A.J. Green, you look at (Giovani) Bernard coming from the backfield. You look at this defense that Marvin Lewis has. The Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC is one of the most talented teams that I’ve ever seen.”

Lewis played on two Super Bowl-winning teams, including the 2000 Baltimore Ravens, who had what many regard as one of the best defenses in NFL history. He also played against the 2007 Patriots that went 18-1; the 2005 and 2008 Super Bowl-winning Stealers; and Peyton Manning’s 2006 Super Bowl team in Indy, among many other talented teams.

Either Lewis has a really short memory, or the Bengals are a near-lock for the Super Bowl. Then again, Lewis has been known to make some really dumb exaggerated comments in the past, so this could be the latest example of that.

Guys, this Ray Lewis animonstity is starting to get old.  I get it--most of you don't like him,  And seriously, the stabbing puns were dead 10 years ago.  Can we just simply drop it?

Careful, or we will stab you!

I will say this for Ray, he is a sharp dresser.

Archived