8-0 Bengals

Have you seen their injury report?

Doesn't matter.    Can't overlook these guys.    2007 they just benched Frye????? After getting completely waxed  week 1 and the Bengals come in there and completely overlook them.

2003 the Browns has a huge injury list and come into PBS with Suggs and he rolls up 180 yards when the Bengals had playoffs on the line. 

Doesn't matter.    Can't overlook these guys.    2007 they just benched Frye????? After getting completely waxed  week 1 and the Bengals come in there and completely overlook them.

2003 the Browns has a huge injury list and come into PBS with Suggs and he rolls up 180 yards when the Bengals had playoffs on the line. 

2007: We have already won as many games as that team did all year. 

2003: Rookie coaching staff, Kitna at QB. 

Cleveland is horrible.  They play hard for a quarter or two then realize they suck and fall back into their ways.  I love that I went to school with so many people from Cleveland....I remember sitting at BW3 in 2003 talking with one of my friends who's a Browns fan (not Rumble, another Browns fan) who was telling me the 2 organizations were headed in different directions and that the Browns would be so awesome for years to come...........hahahahhahahhaahahhhahaa.  

Cleveland is horrible.  They play hard for a quarter or two then realize they suck and fall back into their ways.  I love that I went to school with so many people from Cleveland....I remember sitting at BW3 in 2003 talking with one of my friends who's a Browns fan (not Rumble, another Browns fan) who was telling me the 2 organizations were headed in different directions and that the Browns would be so awesome for years to come...........hahahahhahahhaahahhhahaa.  

:24:

That just never gets old... :lmao:

They will still tell you that.

I once sat with an Ivy League educated CEO  Browns fan tell me that the reason the NFL decided to build Cleveland Brown Stadium on top of Municipal Stadium was to prevent the chance of Cleveland having two teams.   Dead Serious.    That was like the What the fuck are these guys smoking moment about Cleveland Sports fans.    The city of Cleveland has such a powerful football tradition and such a great fanbase that if given the opportunity another NFL owner would open up shop to cash in.  

You never ever want to be in the area when those dumbasses win a game.   If they ever become relevant like the 80s,  people we will see why the hate is strong for Cleveland Browns despite their ability to fuck everything up.

So?  There was no excuse for those Bengal teams to lose to the Browns at the time those games were played.    But they did.

And you think this team is the same as 2003 and 2007?

Keep in mind this is the same Browns team that Andy posted his 2 against.

That said we look to be a different team this year, the mental aspect of the game is finally there for us.

You could also say it's the same team we beat 30-0 last year.

It's the same organization, but not the same team.  That team was 6-3, this one is 2-6.  And the roster is different.

And, as you said, WE are different.

And you think this team is the same as 2003 and 2007?

You could also say it's the same team we beat 30-0 last year.

It's the same organization, but not the same team.  That team was 6-3, this one is 2-6.  And the roster is different.

And, as you said, WE are different.

Hush.  They took Denver to OT.   They went up 20-7 on Arizona.    No one is comparing this Bengal team to any other Bengal team so just stop.

It's simply a recognition of what the rivalry has been.   The simple fact is there have been multiple times the Bengals should have walked over the Browns and lost to them.   

Quit trying to avoid a reality of the rivalry.    The Bengals have been far superior than the Browns the past 5 meetings.   Would you agree?   Browns are 3-2 in that span.

Just the way these games have worked in the past.         

100% understand this. I'd miss every single second of play if it meant we won the Lombardi, because I can always go back and watch it. Unfortunately this season I haven't missed a minute of play, so now I have to keep doing that despite the ludicrous time difference meaning that Thursday nights game starts at 1.25am :huh:

I feel your pain VB.......currently "locked in" to a 4am kickoff for the 1pm ET games.........next few weeks is awesome in as much as the primetime games kickoff around midday......

I dont understand this.

Yeah, easy to say after the game is over. Face it, the Browns and Bengals more often than not have tough games with each other. Remember a few years back when the Browns were playing like total dog shit and we beat them with something like 54 points? Yeah, the score was something like 54-52. Someone else can pull up the exact numbers. Hey, I'm happier than a pig in shit that they won it. I never said they wouldn't, all I said was that it's not a guarantee, and I stick by that and will every time they play each other.

MULLY

Yeah, easy to say after the game is over. Face it, the Browns and Bengals more often than not have tough games with each other. Remember a few years back when the Browns were playing like total dog shit and we beat them with something like 54 points? Yeah, the score was something like 54-52. Someone else can pull up the exact numbers. Hey, I'm happier than a pig in shit that they won it. I never said they wouldn't, all I said was that it's not a guarantee, and I stick by that and will every time they play each other.

MULLY

Not sure what you are talking about.  I said nothing after the game. In fact,  I said it two days before the game actually.  And, what i dont understand, is how a grown man or woman would not watch a single minute of his favorite team's game, for fear of "jinxing" them.  Just doesnt make any sense to me.  But....whatever works for ya. 

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I see us getting to 8-0 with wins over the Stealers and Browns. The bye week came at an excellent time with no one really that banged up. Everyone should be good to go. No, I don't think the Bengals will fall flat on their faces after the bye week as they have in the past. Also, it is important to have Big Ben playing when we meet next week. We need to set the tone we are the AFCN champs because we are better than the other AFCN teams.

Rick, ...carry on the tradition and make a 9-0 thread, ...please.

There are really only 3 games left on the schedule that I think we will have to fight for.

Cardinals

Stealers

Broncos (and I wasnt worried about this till this week)

13-3 has a very real chance of happening, and any of these 3 games I listed could go the other way too. Though 16-0 is extremely hard to do.

Jamie...respectfully, Rams game will be potentially very testy. With Gurley running like that and Austin coming into his own with that defense, that will be a nasty game. 

Now that you mention it I wasn't thinking about Gurley, and with our issues at stopping the run. You are right that could be a fight.

There are really only 3 games left on the schedule that I think we will have to fight for.

Cardinals

Stealers

Broncos (and I wasnt worried about this till this week)

13-3 has a very real chance of happening, and any of these 3 games I listed could go the other way too. Though 16-0 is extremely hard to do.

While I think they should win, I wouldn't discount the Rams too much.  The real nice part of this season is all we have to do is beat the 4 teams with losing records (not sure the rams record) and we clinch the division no matter what else happens.  We really need to win the Denver game to help with the whole 1st round bye. 

While I think they should win, I wouldn't discount the Rams too much.  The real nice part of this season is all we have to do is beat the 4 teams with losing records (not sure the rams record) and we clinch the division no matter what else happens.  We really need to win the Denver game to help with the whole 1st round bye. 

Rams are 4-3

Archived