Tires & Wheels Online

Montana Bengal

Tire Rack (www.tirerack.com) is the king of online tires and winter wheel/tire packages, at least here in the midwest.  Very good prices and very fast shipping, but I'm only 2 hours from one of their largest warehouses.  Never any issues with them.

I used to almost exclusively buy my tires from TireRack, but now that mount/balance/tps/shipping stuff is so high on bring-your-own tires, it's not always the clearcut winner.

Now what I do is shop TireRack first for TOTAL price including local service, then see if I can get comparable/better from tire retailers. 

A couple tips:

Walmart has decent prices on bring-your-own tire services

TireRack does have a cooperative dealer network and does offer ship-directly-to-tire-installer-dealer in addition to ship-to-your-door

Good to know.  I think the thing that is killing me is...should get additional tpms...those little bastards are spendy.  

I got extra for a 2nd set of wheels/tires I have...makes it much easier/safer all around and worth the money IMHO versus either having to have stuff remounted or running 2nd set without sensors and having light on all the time.  I got my TPMS's on eBay much cheaper than I could find them elsewhere.  They were the same genuine GM sensors/packaging as sold at the dealerships.  I guess you could use non-OEM brands too, but I typically pay the extra for OEM, although they may all be made by the same 3rd party company anyway.

Archived