What in the world?

kennethmw

hindsight being 20/20 and all... I say cable-tie her to the desk and remove the desk.  Or put her in a sleeper hold and remover her before she wakes up.  Or issue tranquilizer darts to the cops like on Wild Kingdom.  Or find out if she's afraid of clowns and have someone in a clown suit confront her.

The FBI is getting involved:

http://wwlp.com/2015/10/27/fbi-to-investigate-student-assault/

Also, this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/south-carolina-school-arrest-video/

Some have defended Fields, many pointing out that the videos aren't complete. They don't show what happened before, including what the student did and how many times authorities -- a teacher, a school administrator and finally the officer -- had asked her to get up.

In his incident report, Fields writes that he used "muscling techniques" to get the student out of her chair. He says she resisted, pulled away and hit him in the chest with a closed fist.

Other people, though, think the video shows more than enough to warrant Fields' firing. There's no excuse, they say, for a law enforcement officer to act that way against a student who hasn't harmed or threatened anyone.

"I can't imagine any justification for treating a child like that in a classroom," Victoria Middleton, the head of South Carolina's ACLU chapter, told CNN's "New Day" on Tuesday. "... Whatever led up to it, whatever rationale may be presented, does not justify the force with which that student was treated."

I'm always amazed at how when it's a perp, the video tells the whole story, but when it's a police officer, we need to see the 40 minutes before the incident to determine if there was any crime.  Something tells me that when an officer throws a kid all the way across a room, and that kid doesn't have some type of weapon that could do bodily harm to said officer, there is a problem.

I'm sorry but I don't see any reason to assault a women in this way if she's not attacking you.  Now keep in mind this is not a women but a teenage girl.   

Don't they teach de-escalation? I've got cops & teachers both in my family. I used to deal with packs of rowdy-assed inner city HS kids twice a day at my old job myself & what it comes down to is that you have to be the adult in these situations.  Why is a grown man letting this girl provoke him into wrestling with her? If it's that bad, clear the other kids so she doesn't have an audience.  Give a teenager the kind of solicitous positive attention you would a 5 year old & you will either find out there's a real problem or make them feel like the jackass they're acting as - it's the kind of thing you'd expect a school cop to know, right? The ones assigned to our HS did, at least until the basketball team shot a hole in our sign.  The local has a lightweight task force out there in the afternoon these days. 

At first I wanted to give him the  benefit of the doubt, the table is awkward, maybe she held on and it flipped over and he was then at a point of confusion and needed to get her restrained as fast as possible. Then you see the angle from the front. It's all terrible. He needed fired right away. 

• 2 weeks later...

At first I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt..........then I continued to look for ways to say the nigg..... I mean black girl was at fault but could simply find nothing that would lead me to believe she was at fault.....but I continued to look for ways to blame the child instead of the trained professional.  Finally, when it was determined I would look like even more of an idiot if I blamed the child, I finally decided the officer needed fired.   

At first I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt..........then I continued to look for ways to say the nigg..... I mean black girl was at fault but could simply find nothing that would lead me to believe she was at fault.....but I continued to look for ways to blame the child instead of the trained professional.  Finally, when it was determined I would look like even more of an idiot if I blamed the child, I finally decided the officer needed fired.   

Yeah IDK, if she just would've obeyed she wouldn't have gotten body-slammed.  Plus I read somewhere that black people commit more crimes and also I'm pretty sure that a black person committed a crime against another black person somewhere recently & that absolutely justifies any level of racism or police brutality in my mind regardless of the circumstances.

Simply don't break the law, amirite?

:ninja:

Yeah IDK, if she just would've obeyed she wouldn't have gotten body-slammed.  Plus I read somewhere that black people commit more crimes and also I'm pretty sure that a black person committed a crime against another black person somewhere recently & that absolutely justifies any level of racism or police brutality in my mind regardless of the circumstances.

Simply don't break the law, amirite?

:ninja:

Comply or die!  It's real simple.  The officer in the above video showed tremendous compassion and restraint since he didn't kill that girl who deserved to die for not getting up out of her desk.   

Archived