Squeelies worried about Bur...fict

http://Steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/10/28/Stealers-vs-bengals-injury-report-vontaze-burfict-willie-colon/?ref=yfp

Check out the link.  Videos and comments are well worth it.  From Squeel Wire Gnus.

Groin-slapping, ankle-twisting Burfict could return against the Stealers

Sportsmanship is an oft-ignored attribute in the common NFL landscape, particularly among divisional rivals.

Usually, it’s pretty benign: a shove after the whistle, some trash-talking, refusing to offer a hand to a fallen opponent.  Basic, high school-caliber stuff.

The Cincinnati Bengals could see injured LB Vontaze Burfict to the lineup this Sunday against the Stealers.

Don’t count on any moments of sportsmanship from Burfict.

For some context, take a look at the tackling philosophy Burfict employed against the Carolina Panthers last season:

As you can see, Burfict assisted in a tackle against Panthers QB Cam Newton. After the play concluded, Burfict took the liberty of maliciously twisting the $100 million player’s ankle.

Of course, this could have been a simple isolated incident in which the young linebacker was caught in the heat of the moment.

That is, until he did the exact same thing later in the same game:

This time, it was TE Greg Olsen who was the victim.  Once again, the play was over, and this time you can actually see the beginnings of Burfict pulling on Olsen’s ankle.

This was last season.  Burfict’s reputation as a “dirty” player managed to proceed these events by a season.  Look closely at this incident from 2013:

Burfict is No. 55.  Look to the left of the screen as he smacks Robert Taylor (No. 82) directly in the groin.  Earlier in this same game, he was flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver.

These infractions did not go unpunished.  Burfict was hit with over $50,000 in fines for these two incidents.

In any event, perhaps these examples can provide some clarity as to exactly the type of player Vontaze Burfict is.  He’s a phenomenal talent.  This is undeniable.  But these gutless, malicious happenings are clear intentions to cause harm, and there’s no room for that.

At least his teammates take the high road and don’t engage in that sort of…oh wait:

That’s Adam Jones slamming rookie WR Amari Cooper’s unprotected head into his helmet.  Classy.

The Cincinnati Bengals are a tremendously talented team and the vast majority of their roster is adhering to the rules, playing phenomenal football and doing things “the right way”, but situations like those caused by Burfict and Jones won’t do much to diminish their reputation as a “dirty team”; especially since it was a Bengal who was responsible for the hit that ended Le’Veon Bell’s season last year.

What a hypocritical asshole! 

Ever hear about Kimo and Carson?

What about Wines Hard and Rivers?

Fucking crybaby bitches.  I hope we knock out half their goddam team on Sunday.

Don't forget whatever cockbag broke Huber's jaw. And Antonio Brown kicking a turd punter in the face and hundreds of other instances.

Don't forget whatever cockbag broke Huber's jaw. And Antonio Brown kicking a turd punter in the face and hundreds of other instances.

I've hated that team for decades ...with good reason. 

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=AB&Date=20110521&Cat

Plus they took out Ickey Wood's knee the second game of the 1989 season.

Does this clown remember Stealers taking out Carson Palmers knee in playoff game. In a year they won super bowl and we were the better team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you noticed the same conditions have aligned again in our game, ...this time it's the other team.

Ben has a bum knee, ...so did Carson that day.

Ben wears a flexible sports brace (worthless), ...so did Carson that day.

Ben is a key man on that team, ...so was Carson.

Kimo made a wish and finished off Carson that day, ... (to be continued)

Karma can be a nasty thing when it rolls back around and finishes the job.

I've hated that team for decades ...with good reason. 

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=AB&Date=20110521&Cat

Plus they took out Ickey Wood's knee the second game of the 1989 season.

Do I ever remember that one. Even in upper-deck Riverfront you could see that head twist. I am amazed he ever got up. And Gary dancing around afterwards made us all want to rush the field. 

The Elbert injury happened right in front of our section. I can't honestly say it was a "take-out"...Elbert was leaping over a guy and the second tackler caught him just as the leg came down. No leap, it's a tackle at the hip. But fuck them anyway.   

Have you noticed the same conditions have aligned again in our game, ...this time it's the other team.

Ben has a bum knee, ...so did Carson that day.

Ben wears a flexible sports brace (worthless), ...so did Carson that day.

Ben is a key man on that team, ...so was Carson.

Kimo made a wish and finished off Carson that day, ... (to be continued)

Karma can be a nasty thing when it rolls back around and finishes the job.

I'm not one to wish injury on anybody, not even on the most hated of the hated squealers. But if Ben did get knocked out for the rest of the season by Geno, I wouldn't be upset!

#JustSayin

Archived