He's Back

55. According to Jim Owczarskis Twitter. Practicing today. Time to get hype. We have a AP linebacker back in time to wrap up the North and start on the path to securing home field advantage.

Who-Dey!

I'm happy he is back, but I don't expect much out of him this year.  Much like with Atkins last season, I expect Burfict to be underwhelming in his first season after the injury.  Hopefully he can return to his old form in 2016, but I'm not expecting much in 2015.  Then again, given how pedestrian the Bengals LB corps has been thus far in 2015, an underwhelming Burfict might still be a substantial improvement.

A year later, Tez returns

Posted 1 hour ago

Bengals Pro WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict went back to practice Thursday morning, a year and three days after his last snap following a knee injury in the Oct. 26, 2014 win over the Ravens.

Bengals Pro WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict went back to practice Thursday morning, a year and three days after his last snap.

Burfict is still on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and the Bengals now have three weeks from Thursday to decide if they’re going to activate him. They have a roster exemption until they make that decision, but it won’t take three weeks.

The question of the day now seems to be if he’ll be activated in time for Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 12) or if they’ll wait and get him ready for Cleveland a week from Thursday night, or for the Nov. 16 game at Paul Brown Stadium against the Texans on Monday Night Football.

It all depends on how his knee responds from the micro fracture knee surgery he had back in January. Burfict ended an injury-plagued season last year when he hurt the knee in the Oct. 26 win over the Ravens. He also needs time to get into football shape after not practicing in more than a year.

Burfict did what everyone else did when it came to the linebacker drills early in practice, but those drills have also been incorporated in his rehab. They'll be basing their decision on how he looks from scrimmage. It's believed when he does return for games they'll have him on a snap count as he works back into football shape.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/A-year-later-Tez-returns/f7345586-d368-4720-88d8-5bdcef48b243

I'm happy he is back, but I don't expect much out of him this year.  Much like with Atkins last season, I expect Burfict to be underwhelming in his first season after the injury.  Hopefully he can return to his old form in 2016, but I'm not expecting much in 2015.  Then again, given how pedestrian the Bengals LB corps has been thus far in 2015, an underwhelming Burfict might still be a substantial improvement.

I think a better comparison right now would be Clowney.  Same surgery a month prior to Vontaze and he was back 8 weeks ago.  Anyone been paying close enough attention to Houston to know how he's been doing?

Also, the difference in positions may lessen the effect it has too he doesn't need his legs as leverage to move an opposing 300 pounder from a 3 point stance.

I think a better comparison right now would be Clowney.  Same surgery a month prior to Vontaze and he was back 8 weeks ago.  Anyone been paying close enough attention to Houston to know how he's been doing?

Also, the difference in positions may lessen the effect it has too he doesn't need his legs as leverage to move an opposing 300 pounder from a 3 point stance.

He had 8 tackles and a sack last week. Prior to that he was ho-hum. So, by that logic, it will take Tez about 3 weeks or so to be at least in serviceable game shape where we can expect him to make an impact. Anything before that would be gravy.

I would not be surprised if they did not hold him out and have him introduced with the Defense and start in the Thursday night prime time home game.  Besides, I can't (don't want to) see him playing two games in one week after being off so long.  Starting (or playing a limited amount) Thursday will give him ten days before the next game on Monday night.

He had 8 tackles and a sack last week. Prior to that he was ho-hum. So, by that logic, it will take Tez about 3 weeks or so to be at least in serviceable game shape where we can expect him to make an impact. Anything before that would be gravy.

I didn't see the game, but the Dolphins pretty much blew the Texans out of the water from the opening whistle (five TDs on their first seven drives) and then went on cruise control.  It's hard to put a lot of stock in stats from a game like that.  Clowney didn't do much of anything until after the Texans were already down by 40 points.

Archived