The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Stealers game 1

"I believe in the Bengals." - Rodney Harrison 

I didn't like how he and Dungy were saying that there were nerves. I think it was more bye rust. And I liked how Patrick was calling people out on not giving bengals credit as much as saying that the stealers blew it. There were some huge plays on our end.

Heard it on the radio after the game so I'm not sure I heard it right. Pissburgh was 3-11 on third down. Pretty sure they were 3-3 on their first drive. Were they really 0 for the rest of the game on third down?

They did finish 3-11.

I didn't like how he and Dungy were saying that there were nerves. I think it was more bye rust. And I liked how Patrick was calling people out on not giving bengals credit as much as saying that the stealers blew it. There were some huge plays on our end.

if the Ravens had played this game instead of us they would have been gushing over "old school afcn football" and droning on about how physical the two teams were. In my opinion we proved today that we can not only play the grudge match type of game but also win it. 

Hill looked decisive for the first time in a long time...

Hill has certainly shown redemption this game too.  Hill only worried me once when he was almost stripped.  With only one distraction, Hill has shown his value of a battering ram type of Running Back IMHO

Heard it on the radio after the game so I'm not sure I heard it right. Pissburgh was 3-11 on third down. Pretty sure they were 3-3 on their first drive. Were they really 0 for the rest of the game on third down?

You misheard on some parts  Pittsburgh was 3-11 on 3rd down, that's true, but 2 of the conversions was in the first quarter, and the third conversion was thanks to a DPI on Vinny Rey in the fourth quarter.  Other than that,  we either stopped them or Ben got picked before it even got to third down...You were close though :smile:

Best Fouts moment was when Bengals had a false start in the 2nd qtr. Green stopped his route but Dalton threw it anyways. Fouts says, "another false start penalty saves the Bengals in what wouldve been an easy pick 6 for the Stealers. A huge break for the Bengals." Lol hes a joke

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Great- Williams pick changed the game for good

Good- Burfict blowing up the pulling Decastro and tackling Bell for loss on the very first play

Good- Daltons 70 yard punt in the 4th flipped field position.

Bad- Run game was there for the Bengals but dont think we used it enough today. Hill and Bernard should be fresh for Thursday.

Bad - Injuries. Nothing too serious I dont think. Dunlap came back in and looks like just a concussion for Smith. Guessing Smith and Maualuga are out for Browns game.

Ugly - Nothing ugly about beating the Stealers and having an 3 1/2 game lead in the division

Good:  

1. Defense.  This Burdock guy may be a player.
  2. Resilient Andy.  Bad pick and fumble late in game, but came back strong.

Bad:

1. Kirkpatrick.  Getting targeted every game.  Not going to get better for him unless he steps up.
  2. O-line.  Have to be better in an emotional, physical game.

Ugly:

1. Playcalling.  Almost no running in 1st half?  Cowardly playcalling after Williams interception.  Gave the Shitbags a chance to win.

Best Fouts moment was when Bengals had a false start in the 2nd qtr. Green stopped his route but Dalton threw it anyways. Fouts says, "another false start penalty saves the Bengals in what wouldve been an easy pick 6 for the Stealers. A huge break for the Bengals." Lol hes a joke

Haha yea, the group I watched with all had a good laugh about that one.  Like AJ would just stop and stand there on a live play.  It makes you wonder why they don't let the guys calling the plays pick who's going to win, their biases come out sooner or later anyways.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but one real big ugly was the multiple snap issues they had.  That really killed a couple drives.

Hill has certainly shown redemption this game too.  Hill only worried me once when he was almost stripped.  With only one distraction, Hill has shown his value of a battering ram type of Running Back IMHO

It seems like he releases the ball quickly after he gets tackled. That makes  me nervous, some horrible or hater ref is going to rule that a fumble eventually. Yes, they're that bad.

Archived